Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander

OUMA generators ??? Chinese made

Discussion in 'Generators' started by Matt46post, Feb 5, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

Hi anybody have any experience with OUMA diedsel marine generators, apparently the Chinese sales person “ Jonathon” in Shanghai say They supply 60% of the generators in China ,....if anybody has a generator forsale please let know
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I wouldn't touch one in a million years. First off, how many generators do you really think China has to begin with? Secondly, where and how are you going to get parts and service? AND, for how many years are you going to be able to get parts, if you can even get them.
  3. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Most industrial engines made in China are done under license agreements with proven brands. I assume this is the company you are talking about:
    http://www.oumagenerator.com/

As far as how many generators they (OUMA) build, they are talking $3M - $8M in annual sales, pretty small player but they seem to be targeting the marine generator market. I personally would stick with proven and known brands.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Key words... made in china
  5. m/y Lady Q

m/y Lady Q New Member

Hey my wife is Chinese and she only breaks... oh yeah she’s always breaking. Get a good top brand generator you can get parts for anywhere or shipped anywhere in a couple days.

I’m about ready to tear apart one of my Onan 20’s. I’ll let you know how it goes.