Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

Ocean Alexander Yacht Owner or Buyer?

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you are an Ocean Alexander yacht owner or buyer, our online yachting magazine can provide information to help you. YachtForums brings you the latest news from Ocean Alexander yachts, including the most recent yacht & ship launches, company news, archive pictures, and recommendations on restoring, re-fitting, updating or upgrading Ocean Alexander yachts.

Please take a moment to register. Then, post a thread in the Ocean Alexander Forums and tell us about a yacht you've owned, a boat you intend to buy, yachts for sale or a yacht you have worked on. Please feel free to upload pictures, share a story, cruise destinations or marina information.

We'd all like to hear from you and we'll look forward to your participation on Yacht Forums, a website for yacht owners, yacht brokers, captains, crews and enthusiasts of yachts, super yachts, mega yachts and big boats with diesel engines!

We're glad to have you onboard!
  2. jemane00

jemane00 New Member

Ocean Alexander Hull Identification Number

Hello everybody,
    I own a trawler, Ocean Alexander 50, extended to 55 feet latterly. It was manufactured in 1982 according to the registration booklet I got from the previous owner. I am living in New-Caledonia and I intend to operate my boat for film and documentary shootings, scientistic expeditions etc...
    In order to obtain the official agreement from the local authorities I am required to produce wether the Hull Id Nbr or the boat's plans, both would even be better. I have only the electric system and fuel circuits shemes available.
    I have no idea wether these boats ever had a plaque or where it would have been located. I heard these identification numbers were introduced but maybe not until after 1982.
    I can assure you that any help would be much appreciated.
    Warmest regards from Noumea, New-Caledonia.
  3. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

I believe I know this boat.
    I met the owner who had the extension done in 2001 and he spent many hundreds of thousands on the boat. It is probably the most expensive Ocean Alexander of this model out there! These are the kind of boats that are easy to fall in love with and deserve the money, if you can spare it, because they are so well built. I should know because I owned the same model and with the exception of extending the hull, we also invested a lot into her. I am not sure who owned her after this gentleman, but during his ownership, every system was renewed and maintained meticulously.

You should have a good time with her!

Your boat was extended by Norman Wright and Sons, in Brisbane. Considered to be the best yard in Queensland, maybe Australia.
    Brisbane Boat Builder Norman Wright & Sons - 100 yrs Boat Building
    They did extensive work on her and I am sure they will have plans that will help you. They may not have original plans, but when doing the extension they must have drawn newer, detailed plans. Hull i.d. is something that they should also have a record of.
    It was probably originally imported by Geoff Lovett, but that was in the LAST CENTURY so I doubt he has the details but you never know.

Google his name please, I do not want to place a link here. He is still in business and has a good memory.

Hope this helps.
  4. jemane00

jemane00 New Member

Hi Cafue,
    Thank you so much for your precious heads up. The boat is coming from Australia but I'm not sure we're talking about the same unit. As far as I know the extension was performed in New-Caledonia, anyway you're right I immediately fell in love with her. The previous owner mounted brand new Cummins 230 hp Cummins turbo diesel engines, that's why I decided to buy the boat in december 2008. We did a lot of renovation ever since and the result is gorgeous.
    I will try to get hold of Norman Wright and Geoff Lowett and eventually let you know about the outcome.
    I wish you all the best too.
  5. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

You are welcome.
    I was certain this was the same boat that I knew from Brisbane! There are not that many around from those years.
    Anyway, Bonne Chance!
    George (Kafue)
  6. jemane00

jemane00 New Member

Thank you George,
    CaptJ from this forum so Mr Fleming himself told me the HIN plaque should take place on the transom starboard side. I'm currently away from home and I must admit that once translated this is not precise enough to direct my buddy out there to the right spot.
    Thank you for your patience !