Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker

NEW: Kelly Archer 83' Expedition Yacht

Discussion in 'Yacht News; Builds & Launches' started by YachtForums, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possibly one of the most interesting new launches of 2005 is Kelly Archer's new FPB 83, designed by Steve Dashew. More info will follow shortly, but the vessel is slated to launch on April 5th.

Here's the specs...

LOA: 83 feet
    LWL: 81 feet
    Beam: 17 ft 8 inches
    Draft: 5 feet
    Displacement: 100350 lbs
    Engines: 2 x John Deere
    Fuel: 2600 US gallons
    Water: 1975 US gallons
    Top Speed: 14 knots
    Cruise Speed: 12 knots
    Range: 9,800 miles at 10 knots

For further information, contact...

Kelly Archer BoatBuilders
    P.O. Box 302-518
    North Harbor, Auckland
    New Zealand
    kellyarcher@clear.net.nz
    +64 (-9) -4158-252

2. Check out Setsail.com it is Steve Dachew's website with extreme detail as to why this design looks the way it does, very interesting process to read through :)
  3. Thanks for the lead on that Barry. Enjoyed the article. :)
  4. Your quite welcome. I have been following development through the web site, found the process decisions interesting. I am not associated with the designer or broker in any way. Daschew is expandig the troller (not trawler) idea a bit in my opinion, based on sail hull design..glad you enjoyed it. :)

For the others interested: Once at the home page click on the Daschew Offshore tab at the top, it will get you to the extensive discussion on the design process.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.