Click for MotorCheck Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort

| Heesen | 37M | "G-FORCE" | 2006 |

Discussion in 'Heesen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jun 12, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. V65

V65 Senior Member

The photo above isn't of G-Force, but the 7th in the 3700 series, but don't know of the name yet...:)
  2. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

Heesen yachts

I Can't open these links for the new Heesen discussed here?

Are they broken or is it my mac?

I am so enamored by Heesens, both the exterior and Interiors are right on line with how I want the yacht that we eventually purchase to look like.

I saw on yachtworld a listing for New Century, a 143' semi displacement yacht built in 1997 by Heesen. Does anyone know much about this yacht's history and anything that might be of interest to me knowing? Can a helicopter really land on top of the hot tub? It looks to me on this yacht anyways that the radar arch is awfully close to that landing area! And what about the weight of the helicopter? Anyone know about this? Or have seen a chopper land on a Heesen's hot tub cover/helipad design?

I keep thinking we should start small, well 143' is smaller then the 50meters we were looking at in the begining anyways, and also buy a used yacht to get our sea legs and see if this yachting lifestyle is what we want to do for a few years.

And the advice of my broker says that is the way for us to go.

At the point of finally building in a year or two AFTER we buy something used and see if yachting is a pleasure or a big pain in the you know where... I am thinking we will build our dream yacht once we know what it is we want in layouts, speed, stability, interiors etc..

Hopefully it will be a design from AMG as I love the exploration yacht with the observation deck he drew on my behalf.

I hope everyone is not bored to tears with my questions yet! I know I have been lurking for about a year here and as of yet don't have a yacht to show for it! lol, One day soon... Is buying a yacht as difficult for others as it has been for my partner and I to commit to this idea? All told I began the looking about 2 years ago! Yikes!
  3. stroepel

stroepel New Member

Hello ladies choice,

New Century is indeed a beautiful yacht but I don't know any interesting facts about her.All I know is that the radar arch folds down backwards when a helicopter is landing...
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Hi LC,

If you're referring to the links posted by Frankvano, then it's not just you. It seems they're out of date and that the pics have since been taken off the site they were hosted on.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yes i do think thats the 7th yacht in this ever so popular series...becasue G-Force has left there everysince last month...However it is getting close with the number of blue hulls...Let it be, G force and now this?....and as you can see she does not have any navigation mast as yet..so this indicates she is mostlikely the 7th.
  6. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

Aww too bad about the links :( I would love to see the interiors of some of these models that are coming out of the shipyard.

New Century just had a refit and paint job, another blue hull to add to the list!

I think I am going to find out more thru my broker about this particular yacht, I know age is a factor though being 9 years old now, hopefully the refit was thorough enough to cover more then just cosmetics.

What is the opinion of lifespans of megayachts? 9 years doesn't seem like a long time if things were maintained in quality along the ways, I would imagine the amount of running hours has alot to do with it too? So many yachts just stay at thier berths, that too cant be good on a yachts mechanicals and would think it is even worse then using them?

We are both fearful of just getting in over our heads and ending up with a yacht that is truly a money pit! Turns out one of the first yachts which was just launched that caught my eye is becoming just that to it's new owner. I am hearing thru the grapevine of contacts I have made thru here. God forbid we end up with something so stressful as a total refit within a year of purchase on a new yacht, I will never hear the end of it from my partner!
  7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

history of new century

she was built for a turkish media owner. "new century" was the second heesen he has owned, the first one was "lady joy" ex-"headline s" also by heesen. interior designed by art-line and she was one of the more elegant heesen built at the time. she has been sold around 2001, until then she was never chartered, but after the sale she is now a charter boat. a link where you can have some more info;

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=luxury-yacht-new-century-817

i have seen helicopters landing on this boat.

nilo
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor