Click for Glendinning Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Walker

New Feature Review: Which Lurssen?

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by YachtForums, Apr 22, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Maarten,

I'm not sure when the images will arrive, but I'll post a note when we get 'em. It will take a few days to write the story after that. If you're really anxious, I'll send you a few images before the feature goes live. :)

In the meantime, we're doing two very large reviews... Christensen's "Liquidity" and Benetti's "Domani", with "Galaxy" coming shortly thereafter. Hoping to have Liquidity uploaded over the weekend.
  2. YachtForums

We should be receiving images on "Air" soon... :)
  3. speeder

speeder New Member

very good :D
  4. speeder

speeder New Member

something new?
  5. YachtForums

Guys,

I'm sorry to inform... we will NOT be covering AIR. Matter of fact, NO magazine will be covering AIR. The owner has requested privacy and we must respect this. (it's not like we have a choice ;) )

However... I've been provided with technical details on the propulsion system and powerplants, which would have been the primary focus of our review to begin with. We should also be able to feature some exterior running shots as well.

Most of us were intrigued by the technical aspects of this build to begin with, so all is not lost. I'll get started on this soon... :)
  6. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

I vote for Air as well
  7. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Didn't Air just get sold? Like last week or two weeks ago maybe? Was it the previous owner that didn't want published pics? Or the new owner?
  8. YachtForums

Yes, AIR was sold through Nigel Burgess recently, but this doesn't change anything. Whether it was a fiduciary agreement between the yard and the principle, or an independent decision made by either party, we must respect their wishes.

While it is possible the new owner could have photography made, it's also possible the sales contract may have contained a stipulation restricting the use of AIR images, for whatever reason.

The most intriguing aspect of AIR was the engineering and propulsion system. We can still discuss this. We can still write about it. And in time, there might be something else similar in nature that we can cover.

I think the folks at Lurssen were a little dissappointed that AIR could not be featured as well, because it sounds like AIR really showcased some of their engineering talent. I'm sure there will be other Lurssen feature reviews in the future, but for now there are plenty of other yachts we can cover... including a few that mere mortals can afford. ;)
  9. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

WOW, this is totally WAY COOL news!!! WOO WOOOOO :D

I cannot wait to see the reviews, especially Air!!!!!

Cheers,

Mark
  10. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

Need to get my facts straight about Lurssen I have a rough idea, but wanted some backup for a meeting tomorrow:
    (sorry could work it out myself but if anyone know off the top of thier head, cheers)

1. how many boats they make a year?
    2. on average what the max/min prices/lengths of boats they make each year?
    3. turnover?

Thanks
  11. KCook

KCook Senior Member

12. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

You'd need to do some serious digging to get those answers. Yachts are a small part of the concern. They have produced some very successful naval military vessels. Just my opinion, but if you want something built and have requirements that go beyond the norm, Lurssen can deliver.

Just stating the obvious if you are intending to do business with them. Call your banker. Depending upon how much you are in to your bank for, you'll get varying amounts of information. Banks do not like to lose money, even if you are the one on the hook for it. :)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  13. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

After seeing thier Wally copy I would love to know more and see more of that one too!
  14. feadship

feadship New Member

air would be top choice due to propulsion system

air for sure. now how about one with Azipods?
  15. YachtForums

Actually... AIR uses Azipods. ;)

While we won't be featuring AIR, we're going to take a look at the power and propulsion behind this build. More on this later. :)
  16. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  17. scuttlebutt

scuttlebutt New Member

New Yacht Report features AIR as well...

The new Yacht Report already features some pages about the ABB Azipods installed on M/Y AIR! Funny title to the story...:)
    Can Yacht Forums offer some more?!