Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for MotorCheck

New Design: OceAnco 85.75M 'Waterfall' Superyacht by Moore Yacht Design

Discussion in 'Oceanco News & Launches' started by Yacht News, Oct 26, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OceAnco 85.75-meter 'Waterfall' Superyacht by Moore Yacht Design

Moore Yacht Design and Oceanco have collaborated on an innovative design for an 85.75m motor yacht for which preliminary engineering studies are already under way. One of the primary design objectives was to create a yacht with exceptional exterior styling— an original-looking yacht that makes a statement in any harbour. I see the resultant exterior form as analogous to an athlete—muscular, powerful, yet stream-lined.

The simple sculptural faceted surfaces come together to form crisp lines giving definition and visually fluid dynamic movement in the surfaces making the yacht look as if it is moving even when standing still. The simple, non-fussy nature of the design gives the yacht a clean, modern profile that I believe displays a freshness yet timeless appeal. The general arrangement has an innovative layout based on three themes: Living, Entertaining and Personal spaces, each has been conceived to aid easy movement around the yacht for guests by grouping these different areas together into separate blocks so that similar spaces flow together.

The principal Entertaining areas are aft of the main deck where there is a unique pool with cascading waterfalls. My inspiration for this was two-fold. Firstly, it came from looking at photographs of stately homes, many of which have spectacular water features pivotal to the garden design. (With a yacht being of similar status to one of these properties I thought that a grand water feature on the yacht would greatly enhance the feeling of opulence.) Secondly, it was family holidays spent in the most beautiful natural areas of Great Britain such as the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, the Highlands, and the islands of Scotland where the unadulterated power and splendour of waterfalls have always excited me.

The falling water appears to come down from within the main deck superstructure into the pool before falling off the end of the pool into further cascades, which plunge down on both sides of the aft end superstructure. When this yacht is moored stern to a dock, the pool will no doubt elicit a major 'wow factor' from passers-by and provide a dramatic point of entry for arriving guests.

Guests will be greeted by two waterfalls either side of the aft staircase and walk up a central staircase which splits both port and starboard leading up to bridges over the moving water below. There are two alternative design options for the aft end— one with a large pool, a bar which can be accessed in or out of the water and jacuzzi jets in the forward side of the pool. This is intended for clients who have a love of being in the water. The second option entails a smaller but equally dramatic cascading pool, with more focus on seating/sunbathing areas.

The Owner's private deck has his-and-hers bathrooms, a generous suite and alounge / office. Externally on this deck, the owner can enjoy a private area with sunbeds, Jacuzzi and seating areas. The Sundeck has a large 14-seat dining table. Additionally there are a sunbeds ample lounging areas, and a Jacuzzi. A beach club situated on the lower deck at the water level provides another option for relaxation.

For more information:

OceAnco Shipyards
    Zuiderstek 40
    2950 AA Alblasserdam
    The Netherlands
    OCEANCO - Yachts for Visionary Owners

***​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.