Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service

New Burger Boat: Chicago's Classic Lady

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by Rodger, May 12, 2014.

1. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Well, I'm extremely happy to see the new Burger build posted here as news today. I would love to see more pleasure boats built by them as I think of them as an excellent builder. The only one I've operated is Top Times on a charter. While we couldn't be satisfied with the speed (max 14 knots, cruise 12 knots), the workmanship, the overall quality of the boat, was very nice. While I didn't feel we were losing anything if Trinity built no more yachts, based off some of their recent years, I feel very different regarding Burger and glad to see they've been able to weather the storm with rebuilds and commercial, now hoping they can re-emerge as an active and busy yacht builder.

While "Northland" is very different from anything previous by them, I hop it succeeds in meeting the buyer's goals and showing Burger capable of new and different styles. I would love to see some builds of their other new designs.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Burger does and has built some fast motoryachts as well. Let's face it, 95% of the yachts over 100' travel 12 knots or less at all times anyways......
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I know they have and some of their newer designs they've never built are faster.