Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

Need some Advice

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by randakrandak, Oct 21, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. randakrandak

randakrandak New Member

After being out of boating for several years we have decided to jump back in and have located a 1984 Present 42 footer that really looks nice. Prior to getting a survey can anyone give me some info on this craft, as I know they stopped making in 89. Any owner experience would be helpful.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'm not familiar with the Present 42. With a name like that, it sounds like a gift... which makes it a much better deal! Did you mean President 42?

There have been a couple of boat lines with the "President" name through the years. There is a trawler line, a sailboat line and I vaguely remember a flybridge line from the mid-80's.

Can you be more specific?
  3. randakrandak

randakrandak New Member

No I mean a Present. There are about 8 of them for sale on Boats.com and it looks like a lot of boat for the money. Around a 100G with Diesels. I had never heard of them either but being out of business does not mean problems if boat is sea worthy and guts are Volvo and amenities match up anywhere such as stove, norcold etc.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I looked at the listings on BoatsDotCom and I recognise the lines. I've definately seen these boats before, but it has been a number of years. The best suggestion I can make is to contact a listing broker to see if he can point you in the direction of someone with experience/knowledge.

Looks like a nice boat, but for the money... there might be some newer, name brand options. Best of luck!