Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger

| Benetti | 85.65M | "Kingdom 5KR" -ex. "Trump Princess" ex. "Nabila" | 1980 (refit 1993) |

Discussion in 'Benetti Yacht' started by Dillon1018, May 16, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Dillon1018

Dillon1018 Member

Does anybody have pics of the exterior and interior of Kingdom 5KR preferably when she was Nabila. I think that she looked much better before both refits…..The first being as Trump Princess and the Second being Kingdom 5KR. Thanks !!!!!!
  2. pierberio

pierberio New Member

try to type "Nabila yacht interior"...................... I don't know if I can quote the website.
    in my computer is the third image, click and open the page. It's Nabila. (I have a pair of magazines of the period with the same photos.
    Good vision.
  3. Ocean

Ocean Member

Initially she had colour-scheme of grey hull and white superstructures.
    Was names after the owner's (Adnan Kashoggy) daughter.
    If you are interested can send her photo to you as well, but so far send you the Yacht photo in her initial view.:)

Attached Files:

4. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

5. Titch

Titch New Member

When she was Nabila, the (Filipino) crew would every morning emerge with a sheep, walk it to the front of the boat, tie it to a designated post, and slit its throat, leaving it to bleed away for Kosher needs.
    .......Later dutifully returning to hose down the blood. It's not a pleasant ritual to witness. Not in Monte Carlo.
    Kashoggi owned the boat at the time and stayed on board with his then young son.
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

When I was a young man, I used to be the marine superintedent of the Mill Reef Club, a very, very exclusive residential complex in Antigua. They owned the land, golf club, marina and of cause a private island, Green Island.

The Trump Princess dropped anchor right in the middle of the tiny bay, pushing out the smaller sail boats anchored there. They ran tenders hither and thither, jetskis and waterskis everywhere. Generally being a PITA.

Both Mrs. Mellon and Mrs. Macy phoned me and asked if I could move them away for spoiling it for everybody? I gladly accepted the challenge. The young Lady Astor, always game for a laugh, joined me as crew on the Boston Whaler to go and tell Trump to, in her words, "P*ss off".

There, on the aftdeck, was Ivana swanning around in her ridiculous leopard print swimsuit and cape, wearing huge sunglasses and the brightest red lipstick. As I pulled-up to the portside gangway I was met by the 1st Mate, Ian Insull, an old mate of mine.

I said in a loud voice "May I speak to the Captain, please"? I got a thumbs-up from Ian and he went off to get the skipper. Now the skipper was an old family friend, John Bardon, who used to borrow my Dad''s old wooden sloop to go sailing, to restore his sanity away from superyachts.

John came to the bottom of the ladder and said "They've been a bloody nightmare this week, Dave. I told him we shouldn't anchor here but he insisted. I'll see what I can do to move". With that, he went and told Donald that they had to move. Half an hour later, they upped anchor and left the bay. The club members were pretty impressed with what I'd achieved, I didn't tell them I knew the crew, and had a jolly nice dinner or two from it.

Yes, I'm very proud to say it. That was the day I told Donald Trump to P*SS OFF and he did.
    Rerm likes this.
  7. Titch

Titch New Member

Hahaha thank you for sharing such a fun story. ! Very well dealt with too. I guess that would be construed as a quality problem :)
  8. captholli

captholli Senior Member

I've also been witness to the goat slaughter on Nabila while stern too @ Costa Smerelda Y.C. although it was carried out on the aft weather deck behind the fashion plates but make no mistake of the high shrill screaming goat and the blood being fire hosed overboard later. I found it a bit odd until I was told that goat was the number one consumed protein on the planet & still is to this day.
  9. Chuckybas

Chuckybas Member

Fish! This is a great story! Definitely a feather in your cap. Does it rank in your top 5 best moments in the industry? Best moment or maybe best story? I'd be really pleased if it was me.
  10. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Chuck, he was a vile man even before his GOP run. The vileness is now shining through for everyone to see.

Nope, he barely makes my top 10. He doesn't even own his own country yet.
  11. Chuckybas

Chuckybas Member

While I am not against picking on him AT ALL, I would imagine a lot of personalities in that income level are full of ego and demands when they are on (very high profile) vacations. The stories you could tell...
  12. RER

RER Senior Member

Like many on this forum I have dealt with individuals of extremely high net worth on boating related matters. Billionaires in some cases, and sometimes directly with them. In my experience the vast majority have been people with a high standard of integrity who conduct themselves in a courteous and ethical manner. The rest of the population is another story.
  13. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Mr. Khashoggi has passed away, aged 81.
  14. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

15. DBowman78

DBowman78 Senior Member

Gage Rowden and Yacht News like this.
  16. Gage Rowden

Gage Rowden Active Member

A lot of history behind this yacht. Unfortunately doesn't do a lot of traveling anymore. Hardly any.