Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay

My yacht drawing

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Milow232, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Hey, I had some free time so I started to "design" a 72,5m superyacht inspiried by "Mogambo" and ex "Graffiti" but I also tried to give her my personal touch... Comments would be appreicated!

I am not shure if that kind of drawing is allowed here... so Mods if it is not appropriate/immature for YF I am sorry and please delate my thread!
    Also sorry for the picture's bad quality as I do not have a scanner.

- First is the white version

Attached Files:

2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Here is the grey version BTW I think the white one looks better.
    If it is appreciated I can do drawings from different angles so you get a better feeling for her.

Drawing yachts is just my hobby.

Attached Files:

3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I like the grey tone better :) Looks like alot of influences in that design! "Yogi" mix with a bit of "IDOL" (ex. Outback) with a little bit of "ACE" in the mid-superstructure.
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yeah that is my problem I always mix different yacht styles than developing a new one but thanks Ron!
  5. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Nice work, keep it up! I like the aggressive charging feeling it gives. Nice big wing stations, I just feel it is a bit shallow for the running gear but I might be wrong!

Good luck.

Cheers,
  6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Thanks Alfred I am glade you like it! You are right I focused on the design and not so much on the ratio.
    Am I the only one who designs yachts just for fun without using pc programs or are there others as well? I think it would be interesting to see them so do not hesitate posting a picture here!
  7. Yacht News

We had one or two people here a few years ago that did hand drawings but I haven't seen them on in a while..either that of they got their membership axed for some reason.
  8. 84far

84far Senior Member

N/Y - A bit of "Idol".... Quick Milow232, change the design! :D

Milow232, she's looking great, firstly she's facing the wrong way (not a biggy), generally designs have the bow on the right. I'd have a look at maybe increasing between decks, and maybe a longer exhaust outlet and top deck roof...?

It's actually pretty good! :D

Far
  9. Yacht News

Only thing is, with a draft that slim, she wouldn't be pretty to ride on!
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Thanks far... means alot coming from a yacht designer!! Yeah I agree with your points, a longer roof on the sundeck definitely would look much better. I am probably too busy for the next 3-4 weeks for changing my design.
    Interesting I always draw yachts in that direction and never realised it was wrong.
    Yes Ron, I was focused on the design and not on her scale that is why she is too slim.
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Hey guys,
    I just got inspiried by the "Young designer of the Year" award 2012 and tought I would draw my own concept ...I have not changed much yet any suggestions?
    My plan was to span sun shades over the fore deck where either toys are stored or you use it for partys/ relaxing.
    Photos do not do really justice I think...

Attached Files:

12. Yacht News

a few words spring to mind when I look at this design :) "Semi-planing "ACE"
  13. well... I must admit, when i was 12 years old, i drew like that, but colored. Nothing compared to Kajan ones. That time back in 80ies, hasn't computer technics.
  14. 84far

84far Senior Member

A bit more thickness through the decks. Also with the arch, have you thought about bringing it down to the next deck, and making it help crane off tenders/subs from the fore deck....?

Far

Whoever removed MKM... I owe you a beer, that kid lacked some serious manners!
  15. 84far

84far Senior Member

Just a thought with the arch... Don't mean to take over your drawing. Cheers

Far

Attached Files: