Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

my post seems harder to turn at high RPMS? or am I nuts????

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Rover1, Apr 26, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Beau

Beau Senior Member

The fun of boat ownership. You might want to spend a day squeezing hoses, checking operation of valves, tightening screws bolts and clamps, etc. A complete run through of the boat and systems can eliminate a lot of future misery...
  2. Rover1

Rover1 Member

Yeah that's next weekends project. The thing about this boat is there are a lot of pipes and tubes hoses that are a deep inside the the hull and under floor boards. A lot of them were replaced some how, before I bought the boat. But like you said just a few more joys of boating!
  3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Wow, You mean there was water on the top of the floor boards. When I read it I thought you meant water from the bilge had come all the way up, over your floor boards as if she was going down !!!!!
    Made me sit right up in my seat !
    Thank heavens you caught it.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

BTW, If it was salt water, you may want to rinse everything with a solution of Salt - X, or something like it ?
  5. Rover1

Rover1 Member

Yes the water was over the floor board.it ran out from behind the head across the floor into my state room and into the galley, my rug in the head was floating. I walked in and at first thought we were going down! Was both really pissed but also just thankful it was just a hose. Lol was just glad we didn't have to start singing nearer my god to thy as the last life boat was lowered!
  6. porthole

porthole Member

Ever figure out your problem with the steering?
    Had the same issue. Best I could tell it was just the pump slipping under the extreme pressure. Same type of slip that you get when you spin the wheel lock to lock then keep turning.

I had changed all the steering gear (except the Hynautic stuff) on mine after losing a rudder due to a stray current problem, so it wasn't a binding problem.
  7. Rover1

Rover1 Member

8. deepfreeze83

deepfreeze83 New Member

I have the same problem with my 81/42. Steering works fine at slow speeds. When I get at cruising speed it takes a lot to turn the wheel. I wonder if my rudder posts are out of alignment. The top post carrier was loose when I got it. Tightened them up and now I wonder if the bolt holes in the quadrant plank are augured out: elliptical???? Only good thing about it is when I am running the wheel doesn't move off course.