Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights

Mounting a Boston Whaler on the foredeck / bow

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by hughdunlop, Feb 8, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Greatly appreciate all the suggestions guys....Still undecided , I really like the idea of simple , mind you , what ever goes on the foc'sle has to be practical , fairly light and look good. Would be terrible to mess with the profile of such a great looking vessel..... :)
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The most impressive RIB I have run was an 11' ZAR with a 50hp yamaha 4 stroke. It rode great and did over 30 knots.....
  3. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

`I bought a Highlander CL 260....Not sure how I will gear it up on the boat , I am wondering how to fasten it without getting into the headliner in the fwd cabin..
  4. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    It can easily be stowed on your swim platform... with 8' 6" and 88 lbs the Highfield Classic 260 is a lightweight!
  5. Beau

Beau Senior Member

I use a detachable St Croix 200 davit for my 10 ft hard bottom stored upside down on my foredeck. 6 hp yamaha stays in my stern deck box till needed. My davit toe mount is fastened into the toe rail, with a mounting clamp that attaches to the bow rail for stability. Custom harness so the vertical lift of the davit brings the bottom of the dink to the top of the bow rail. I think it has a 9:1 pulley system? Then manually swings in or out. Visit the web site for more info?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016