Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Motoryacht Allowances; need professional opinions

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by AgaPL, Jul 10, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

(edited by admin) It does and the op prolly has ideas of her own "allowance"
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

amazing the interest that a pretty blonde can "raise" on a forum...lol..
  3. leeky

leeky Senior Member

Capt J, I think the OP was turned off by her first experience on YF. She said in post #13, "Well, what a friendly and helpful community... thank you very much for your useful answers. And geography lesson. :) Have a nice day." She hadn't received any useful answers when she said that. And olderboater said in post #10, "... Wonder how long her selfie avatar will last." She might consider that a unfriendly comment. So, I believe that she was being sarcastic in post #13.

When K1W1 showed he was still interested in helping her after post #13, she said, "Nah...I'll try to solve it by myself ... Bye." She had given up on YF.

Your post is not what I would call an encouraging one. It seems to me that you are belittling her. And then you greatly exaggerate the number of professionals asking for an explanation of what she is really looking for. I count 3 in the yachting profession and 3 other members that actually inquired directly or indirectly into what she was looking for -- not "over a dozen professionals." That's not a good way to encourage her participation in YF and have faith in your ability with numbers, which is what she's looking for.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That's a very thin skin. Considering how vague and oblique her question was, there was only so much help that could be offered. Then add in the avatar and it's no wonder the thread would go off on tangents. Quite frankly if she'd read the rules she'd know the avatar must be marine related. Also, if her question in fact is about salaries for some position, using the search feature rather than starting a thread would have probably gotten her any answers she sought. Quite frankly I wondered about her reason for coming onto this forum. We get them often, and they find themselves unwelcome fast. But that's just speculation, coming from one who I hope has earned a reputation for welcoming the most basic boaters and questions.
  5. Dennis1973

Dennis1973 New Member

I consider lady talked about budget allowances for some kind of system for new built yacht. For example, we can meet this term in Heesen's "For budget proposes the yard grants an allowance for these light fixtures as listed of: EURO 160.000,-. This allowance represents the cost of the listed light fixtures including cabling. The allowance is excluding the loose decorative lights, they are listed separate". I hope it helps
  6. bliss

bliss Senior Member

Anything occupationally that comes close to "motor yachts" and being a "professional" requires a much thicker skin.
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

It is difficult to say exactly what she was after as she was so vague when asking.
  8. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

It's natural, afterall we are men :)
  9. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  10. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

google "motorboating" for some funny links...
  11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Don't do it!
  12. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

LMAO! My mind didn't even go there...!