Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

Moonen 120

Discussion in 'Moonen Yacht' started by JohnS, May 7, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JohnS

JohnS Member

These Rene Van Der Velden design yachts look incredible! in addition to the Moonen 84 etc... that he designed, a number of other ones are on the Moonen website (which appears to be down at present 07/05/05 2130 GMT)

The 120 (link below) and the 114 (attached below) are really special designs.

http://www.renevandervelden.com/CONTEMPORARY.html

Has anyone heard when building will start?? These yachts are sure to get a huge reaction!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Since I know you are interested in Moonen yachts, I am a little surprised if you discover these designs now? They have been on the website for years if I am not mistaken? Or are you talkin of some new designs on the site, (which we can not see tonite)?
  3. JohnS

JohnS Member

I have, of course, seen these designs before, but have never posted any comments! i spend hours looking at these few pictures that i have found...!! :D

Someone needs to give the go-ahead and build one, i guess!!

[It seems as though we are the only ones posting tonight!!]
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, it is a little slow on a Saturday night... :)

But if I should comment on a fellow designers job, I think the Explorer type he made for Moonen is more interesting and I also believe one is about to being built.

Attached Files:

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thats interesting to know... Moonen dont really divulge much information on their yachts "under construction".

I think you are right though, the huge interior volumes demanded are a lot more acceptable within the design of the Explorer type vessels. I have always liked explorer designs.

There is still something incredible about these, more "classical" designs. I think i just like the way of thinking at Moonen, and therefore the yachts they build (and architects/designers they use). Mind you, am have always struggled to warm to the Bradford Offshore 90' and 92' yachts.. but then again, maybe that's just me :D
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Talking of the Moonen 84, here is the Moonen 80´ I designed 10 years ago and below is a newer RVDV 84.... ;)

Attached Files:

8. JohnS

JohnS Member

I must say, i am a HUUUUGE fan of canoe stern yachts! this 24m one is beautiful, and i think the perfect size for families too. Did you manage to sell this design??

I have seen a few of your designs, and i think it is the 30m yacht you put on the "perfect yacht" thread that i think is the best! seems to have everything.

You do not have much information on your website tho :rolleyes: (for anyone reading that doesnt already know - www.modin-design.com). I am hoping that the website is "under construction" and you are intending to put on many more of your designs ;)

I see that you have a very close relationship with Moonen, do you mind me asking if there is any other work you have done for them??? (please ignore if you do not wish to disclose!!)
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks for your support, and no, my website is a very silent one... :cool:

I have been producing too many designs of all kinds and sizes instead of being out there selling myself, you have seen maybe 25 % of them here at YachtForums. Most designers are focused on one style which might be better commercially, but pretty boring and also not so nice for the clients to get the same design as many others when you are building a one off?

With Moonen I was involved in two constructions (the 85´Diana design) and have tried to sell another couple of my own, but nothing has happened yet. Or rather, the clients have bought second hand boats instead, which is not unusual when they don´t like to wait for the new construction.