Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Misters

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by BoulderGT3, May 14, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

I'm thinking about having mister put in on the bimini shade on the back of my boat. Not a good shot of the back but you can see that the shade pretty much covers the cockpit. My thought is to just go around the frame.

I've not used one before. Any impressions of how well they work and does anybody have a recommendation for an installer in FTL? Thanks.

1 (2).jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I have been on a large yacht with this type of system. There was a lot of care and maintenance required to ensure we did not spray the Owner and guests with Legionaries and other undesirable diseases.
  3. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

Well that's not encouraging. Does it just slime up if you don't use it all the time?
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

The problems were said to be the water goes stagnant quickly when there is no movement, we used to blow the lines through with air after use and then ended up fitting a disinfection system that was used to flush and left the pipes full of this mixture.
  5. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

ugh. I hadn't thought this through. I think about how fastidious I am with the water maker and this would have some of those issues. I'm not that anxious to have another thing to flush and so on. Maybe I'll just use a rotary fan and call it good.
  6. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

A little vinegar in the water didn't solve that?
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

When you have to comply with all the rules and regs on a large vessel the liability of taking a shortcut for something that can effect the paying public or other HNW individuals is not worth considering.
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It's basically the same issues you have in jacuzzi's and hot tubs. The big difference is that you can run disinfectant through them easier. You can cycle some chlorine though and then clean behind it. Well, you can't do it the same through misters as you can't have it pouring out on people and things.

Here's an overview of system maintenance.

http://www.mistersunlimited.com/maintenance-guide.cfm

What are you trying to address? What about a very good ceiling fan?
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  9. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

or these ?

Attached Files:

10. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Tom,
    I have misters in the cockpit if you would like to discuss. I've got 4 on the cockpit ceiling and one on port and one on starboard cockpit. They definitely will cool the area off although everything gets wet. They have a tendency to get clogged up and have to be cleaned periodically. A few times people actually thought the boat was on fire. IMO not real practical.
    Skip