Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Burger

Miss Pearl Davit Progress report

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Barney Hauf, Jul 6, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

image (1).jpeg

image (2).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

No finish work complete yet so still pretty untidy :(. But these are a few pics of the work in progress. Bought a used Nick Jackson Mini Hydraulic 1000 and gave it the once over. Glassed in a shelf just above deck level in the port side locker of the master state room. Glassed in a little bulkhead in the forward part of the compartment under the bed in the Master. 4/0 primary cables go from ER to thru bulkhead terminal studs under the bed and distribute current for davit and windlass. Hope to be done next weekend!

Attached Files:

2. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

image (5).jpeg

image (6).jpeg

image (7).jpeg
  3. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Looks fantastic! Great work. Does the forward extension move manually or is it tied into the hydraulic system?
  4. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

Thanks!! The extension is polished stainless steel. It moves manually and locks into a couple positions with a pin... The only hydraulic functions are boom up and down. Winch in and out functions are electric.
  5. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

You were lucky to find this one. If you hear of another one please let me know. Thanks and hope you post a picture when she is working.
  6. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

Done on the foredeck!! Unfortunately I had to cut into my new headliner to thru bolt the hold down for the hook. But I patched the hole in the headliner with a piece of 1/8" door skin covered in the same headliner material and I am the only person it will bother :)

davit 1.JPG davit 3.JPG davit 6.JPG
  7. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

Coming along great!! I noticed your bow rail bases look new. Did you find direct replacements or have them replated? Mine have no chrome left and would like to replace with stainless. I want to match the screw holes which vary by brand. Thanks.
  8. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

Thanks!! I had them replated. FYI...Chrome guys are proud of their work.... #bigbucksforchrome
  9. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

Finally fitting the chocks for the tender! A Highfield 310 Classic aluminum hull RHIB with a Suzuki 15

Daniel from Chock Masters in Miami came to template using the set of chocks pictured below equipped with nylon pads on the bottom so the deck didn't get scratched up (I have no affiliation with Chock Masters but great guy and very knowledgeable in my opinion)

davit331.jpg

Tender sitting in place to measure the proper angle and placement for the chocks

davit221.jpg

Tender looking forward

davit11.jpg

Davit standing by and ready for a busy summer!! :)

davit44.jpg
  10. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Fantastic job!!! I hope you do a video of how she works. I have to push my davit around the deck to position the dink over the rail. Everything is fine unless you are in a swell and not tied to a dock. It gets a little dicey sometimes. Let me know your Bahamas schedule and maybe we can connect. I hope to make June........