Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

Mike Kajan Yacht Designs

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Kajan, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 84far

84far Senior Member

sunray09, check out Alfa Nero, it has a helipad that lowers down and becomes a pool, but when up it could also be used for extra deck space for parties etc.
    Also Ilona has a helipad that folds down into the hull... I think it even seconds for a hanger as well....?
    That's about as close as you'll get I think. Cheers

Far
  2. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

57m

"BlueTip"

Attached Files:

3. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Something like this? This extending deck is 40ft. Maybe not so pleasing to the eye but for temporary landings and takeoffs, why not...

Attached Files:

4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This is about the same kind of platform as the old Mystére has today.
  5. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Interesting Lars, got any pictures ;) ;) ?
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

No, not extended. I guess it is more as an emergency platform when at sea. They don´t carry a helicopter.
  7. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

90 ft. Power Cruiser

"Origami"

Attached Files:

8. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

84m

Silhouette II

Attached Files:

9. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Any banker who knows about 50' turbine catamarans, much less wants one as a yacht tender :eek: gets my vote. I'll take 'Origami' as a high speed trimaran with triple turbines built like Ermis2.

Mike you are the MAN.
  10. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I feel the need, the need for speed

Thanks, Catmando! The ’Origami’ concept is actually a monohull. At the rear there are some steps in the hull sides but at the bow its fancy paint work adding to the origami feel.

On this up scaled 130ft. origami concept I went for a more traditional looking bow but kept the steps at the rear.

I’ve always liked the old Patrol and Torpedo boats from the 40’s and 50’s so the idea behind the 90/130ft. origami concepts was to use the powerful lines of the PT hull and combine it with a simple superstructure and not to go with the arched lines found on many other power cruisers in this size. A power cruiser like this should of course be equipped with surface drives and why not connected to a couple of turbines.

Attached Files:

11. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Picnic anyone?

The PT/Origami concept with some minor modifications and down scaled to 55ft. could perhaps pass as a Down-Easter?

Attached Files:

12. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Yes these renderings look very good, but then almost all your drawings look good. Turbines can be problematic with fuel use, so I think they are not good for off-plane and docking such big boats. I think twin diesels with a central turbine would be the best power package, plus a small electric motor for docking. I like jet drives for safety and acceleration, but they may give up too much speed against the surface prop drives.

You can't beat Ermis2 for lightness. The layup schedule, titanium deck hardware and interior appointments all make for a superstrong superlight boat that runs 60knots. Your 90 would be at least as fast...
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.