Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Meridian 391

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Paco206, Aug 3, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Paco206

Paco206 New Member

Interested in this boat for cruising. Presently have a 30 yr old Phoenix Sport fish which is a very sea worthy boat. It's gotten us through some ugly weather. Any thought, ideas on the sea worthiness of a Meridian??
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Nice boat, but not nearly as seworthy. She's fine for going to B.I., the Vinyard or down L.I. Sound, but I wouldn't run it down to Atlantic City. In fact I'm not sure if you'd even have the range. So if you're looking to head out into the ocean, weather be damned, it's the wrong boat. If you're looking to vacation with the family, no problem.
  3. Paco206

Paco206 New Member

Thanks Cap, Appreciated it. I understand what you're saying. We'd just upgrade to a new Phoenix if they made them!! It is just cruising now, fishing is limited. Still want something I can get to Cuttyhunk, or Menemha, Sag Harbor..... with a pleasant ride.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

This'll do that.
  5. Cruz

Cruz Member

+1 to what NYCAP said for your intended use. It's a very liveable coastal cruiser and its interior space and bridge area rivals anything in its class, giving the impression of a larger boat. The later models, I believe post-2008, were and are built alongside Sea Rays in their Palm Coast plant. While the fit and finish is not on-par with Sea Ray, in my opinion, it is not disappointing for this class in this price point. I have known 391 owners who have been quite enthusiastic about the boat while knowing its limitations.