Click for Stats Click for Alexseal Click for Oceanco Click for No Limit Ships Click for Burger

Malahne - 1937 Camper & Nicholsons 53.95m motor yacht

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by david_japp, Feb 22, 2013.

1. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

Malahne was owned for over 20 years by Legendary Hollywood producer, Sam Spiegel (African Queen, On the Waterfront, Bridge on the River Quai and Lawrence of Arabia, amongst many other ). The 1973 film "last of Sheila" was set aboard her and she was a truly lovely elegant yacht. She was then sold and at some point in the early 1980s was "modernized", if that's the word. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and "chacun a son gout" and all that, but how could anyone do that to her, removing every vestige of what made her special and turning her into something that, in my mind at least, is really quite exceptionally ugly. Last summer she was for sale , listed variously for €550k or £550. I believe she's now arrived at Pendennis for a refit. Hopefully they will wind the clock back and she'll leave looking more like her original C&N design.

Attached Files:

2. ScrumpyVixen

ScrumpyVixen Member

Wow, they really f##### that up. You have shake your head, knowing that someone drew those plans up, and someone else said, wow that looks great, lets do it.
  3. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Quite a large yacht, especially for that era. A pity she's not in original condition. How can someone rape such a classic and fabulous design? Great heritage too. Unbelievable.
  4. SpockLogic

SpockLogic New Member

5. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

Much better than before... ;)