Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder

| Lürssen | 104.00M | "QUANTUM BLUE" ex Project Quantum Blue | 2014 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, Jul 25, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

That photo could have been taken from the area of the old glass works with a good lens and some patience.

If you were on the yard land at Aumund you would be too far up the river to get one on that angle.
  2. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

KIWI, I think we are talking about the same area. The whole Aumund Area, river upbound up to the Cafe with the old tug boat on the hard, is the old Bremer Vulkan Yard area. As far as I know, when the Bremer Vulkan went bankrupt, Lürssen aquired most of that area at Aumund for a VERY reasonable price and the unused area was kept as an reserve for future use and rented out. So, the the picture was most likely taken from that area upbound the floating dock, as you say, with a long lense. This area is also fenced in and in some kind of industrial use.

But the Weser River between Vegesack (for taking pictures of Abeking), Lemwerder/Blumenthal (Lürssen) and Bardenfleth/Motzen (Fassmer) and not to forget the new Lürssen sheds at Warfleth (the old Roland/Hegemann Yard) is always a good destination for any Yacht lover :).

Below a picture of the area, when the Bremer Vulkan was still alive and the same area today, IMO the area we are talking about.

Attached Files:

3. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

A little bit off topic but I was always interested in this..

On many photos of the Lürssen shipyard in Bremen Aumund some kind of
    scaffolding is attached to a building and a crane on top of it. The building is next to the 170m dry dock and behind the pre fabrication shed. You can see what I mean on the YF press release photo. (on the left side)

First I thought it would be some kind of constrcution going on there. But is has been there for so many years now. I alway wondered what is the purpose of that? Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

4. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Aumund

Milow, do you mean this part of the building? This is not any kind of scaffolding. That is permanent structure on the rear side of the heating plant, with some dirty filters or exhausts. The "dark side of Aumund" :). It excists already since the old Bremer Vulkan days.

The larger building behind is rented out and not part of the Lürssen yard. It belongs to the BVT Brenn- und Verformtechnik Bremen GmbH, which is a subcontractor for offshore construction companies and for building hull segments for other yards. The hull of the square rigger Alexander von Humboldt II was build there for example. On the picture of my prior post, you can see some foundations for wind generators, they build. The rest of the area to the north is rented out as storage area for imported cars from Asia.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yes exactly, thank you HTM09! Well industrial buildings are not supposed to be good looking but this is pretty ugly..

Did not know that they are renting out the shed but it certainly lowers the maintenance costs. As long as they do not need it and the other sheds for steel cutting and prefabrication are sufficient.
  6. Ocean

Ocean Member

oceAnco DP 017 Project

It looks to me that you could have more additional impressive views of "Quantum Blue" by seeng excellent video dedicated to oceAnco Project "DP 017".
    These two designs are so similar that it's possible to suggest they are sisters.
    And very probably the Author is the same.

Link on above Video:Oceanco superyacht project DP017 - YouTube
  7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

oceAnco DP 017 Project

That really looks like a Tim Heywood design too. If not, it is plagiarism. And a really a great computer animation. Too bad, that if, it will only be build by Oceanco :p.
  8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Quantum Blue main propulsion

Today was my first day on the SMM, commercial shipbuilding fair in Hamburg. Marine engine producers like MTU and MAN had some very interesting new marine engines for yachts and workboats on display. Will post more in other thread.

On the MTU booth was a very realistic and scaled model of the main propulsion system of Quantum Blue on display. So, the mechanical diesel propulsion is confirmed.

2 x MTU 20 V 4000 M93, 2 x 3.900 KW at 2.100 RPM with very elaborate engine and reduction gear mounting for noise and vibration reduction. The reduction gear is equipped with active hydraulic suspension and integrated thrust bearing. The structure borne vibration insulation and noise reduction is remarkable. They had an noise and vibration simulator in front of the model. With the active suspension system switched on, you could feel - nothing.

B.t.w. Rolls Royce has finally aquired 100 % of MTU Friedrichshafen. We have to expect changes in the MTU engine portfolio and company policies.

Attached Files:

9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Quantum Blue" is currently conducting sea trials.
  10. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yes the end is nearing for this beauty!
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

The end? I thought this is just the beginning of an exciting life as a superyacht bringing her owners a lovely time and unique memories! Just kidding I know what you mean. ;)
    Yacht News likes this.
  12. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

"Quantum Blue" underway on the Weser
  13. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

There are 1 or 2 overhead shots of "Quantum Blue" also showing a big pool on her foward sundeck. Not shure if I can post it so just Google it if you are interested.
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Quantum Blue" was actually delivered a few weeks ago. But she still stays at the Lürssen shipyard...hopefully not as long as "Azzam" did. :)
  15. Yacht News

Maybe she doesn't have a home berth lol ;)
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

And not necessarily for the better if the headless chicken sort of performance which seems to apply to the group as a whole takes full control.

This yacht is most likely the one that has been having crewing positions advertised all over the internet for a few months, the latest says they will only take Eastern European or Sth American crew members. You can bet your bottom dollar this will not be because of their football abilities.
  17. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Here are the results of my today's Bremen family tour. Quantum Blue handed over and waiting for (some) crew. The owner should may be request permission to drive her single handed :p. Sorry for the quality, too much sun in the face.
    IMG_024_L.jpg IMG_021_L.JPG IMG_022_L.JPG IMG_023_L.JPG
  18. Yacht News

Thanks for the photos... maybe you should have volunteered to be crew to make up the numbers :)
  19. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

I do not believe Mr. Sergey Galitskiy and I would have found an agreeement about the amount and type of payment and luckily, I have the wrong passport :).

B.t.w. Does he have any crew at all jet ?

If you want successfully own and operate (worldwide) such a big and high value yacht, you need a professional crew with international know how and long experience in megayachting plus a great land based management office. Cheap cargo ship crews or seaman with fishing trawler background and a landlocked retired old captain playing the landbased office, will not be able to provide that. Good megayacht crews from the provenance he prefers, are a very rare species and if found, they need to be adequately paid and treated. The good saying is still valid: "A happy crew means a happy ship".

My advice would be: Buy the "All-round Carefree Package" from Luerssen. Large yachts crewed, operated and maintained by this yard had great resale value after some years and never caused any headache in between.

Just my 2 (Euro) Cents.