Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

Looking for Shore Power interior parts...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by geoedmo, Jun 29, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. geoedmo

geoedmo New Member

Hello,

Thanks for the website, its great! New member, wondering if anyone had any info about obtaining shore power parts...

We have a 100 amp system that needs some new interior pins/sockets. All the pieces I currently have are made by Hubble. I'm well versed in taking the cable head apart, as well as the sockets, but not well versed in finding the parts! As far as I can tell the individual pins and female socket pins are impossible to find by themselves.

Has anyone ever had any experience with finding these, would anyone happen to have any laying around?

We use single phase, and a couple of our pins in the sockets/male-end of the cable are fried. We assume its from a heavy amperage draw on the cord, and it being a long run of 100ft, as well as old equipment (i.e. the isolation transformer.) Also, could there be an underlying issue here if we are burning up pins?
  2. geoedmo

geoedmo New Member

Thanks for the reply, I've previously grazed over these documents. My question still remains, they don't sell the individual connection pins? To me it doesn't look like they do, and I can't find them anywhere online. I feel like the only way to get these pins is to find a used interior as a whole, which we've bought in the past. But it'd be great to find a resource of just the pins, which is all we care about getting.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Find Salormans surplus on HY 84.
  4. geoedmo

geoedmo New Member

We've gone that route before, and probably will have to again. You can generally find the interior of the head/socket there for a decent price, used. We've bought one in the past from them, and it's our current game-plan since we're in Newport right now, but the captain is heading to Lauderdale in a week, so it can be done.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
  5. menkes

menkes Member

Being an electrical engineer for more then 40 years in the aviation and marine industries, I can only tell you that if your pins and sockets suffered overloading and are cooked or fried as you said, you better change the the whole connector, if the pins are cooked the housing is too, and the troubles will follow.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Generally you change the entire end of the plug. If the pins are fried, so is the plastic part and stuff that holds them. It wouldn't make sense to try to change the pins in the plug end.