Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross

Lars Modin Design

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YachtLover

YachtLover New Member

I like it Lars...very nice! Big, too. Looks like a ocean liner...=) Move over Princess!
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

44´ HT Twin Cabin

For all of us that miss the old hardtops like the Bertrams from the sixties, I have made a modern follower. She is 44 feet, large enough to swallow two real cabins with ensuite. Still with a huge aft deck for sunbathing or fishing. A tower can be added, and she should carry a lot of fuel for extended cruising. Can be custom built or for series production.

Attached Files:

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

50´Classic Cruising Sailboat

Another thing I miss is the classic lines on small and midrange sailing boats. I have made a 40 and a 50-footer with the same styling, traditional outside, a little more modern inside. No compromise boats for safe cruising sailing in comfort.

Attached Files:

4. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Hi Lars,

It's a beatiful sailing boat :rolleyes: :) :cool: . Do you have more sailing boats? Perhabs Cruiser/Racer 70 to 80 feet long? I think the motor boat over the sailing boat is good for comfortbly day cruising with the family! Really nice! :)
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I am glad you like my designs, and thank you for reminding me to look into what I have in sailing boats. Unfortunately nothing in the size you mention and all are more or less cruisers or motor-sailers; 33, 40, 50, 80, 95, 103, 120, 150, 180 and 200 feet.

The racing segment of the sailing world is pretty well taken care of by others and when it comes to production boats, also powerboats, I think I have to fill in holes in the market or create new concepts. As opposed to cars, most of the old boats are still around and the only way forward is to create something you can not get as a second hand boat for half the price or less.

I have recently designed three powerboats as a new concept, they are 20, 30 and 40 feet and I am at present looking for a producer here in Europe. They are really different, still appealing, but I can not show them here for the time being... ;)

Maybe I shouldn´t take up all the Forum space either, but a few more designs will arrive here later. :)
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Lars,

You continue to astonish me. Your designs are among the most appealing in each class and the accomodations are equally well concieved.

Truly honored to have you onboard!

Carl
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you Carl!

It is nice to be among the first to spread some designs and inspiration through YachtForums :)

As I looked for sailing boats in my files, I found this 103´which has been sleeping there for six years. It is traditional and has two interior options. The one on top is for long range cruising and the other better suited for charter with an extra cabin and no tender garage. Far from a Wally yacht, but still a pretty nice boat I think?

Attached Files:

• 3000.jpg
      3000.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  8. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

WOW!! A really nice superstructure. If I had the money, I would build it :D .Maybe with a other hatch.

René
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi René,

Thanks again, but I don´t get which hatch you don´t like?
    The deck hatches are the recessed type from Rondal. If it is the portholes, you don´t even need them. I just made them as a follow up on the shape of the windows above, but the resolution on these jpg images are not the best.
    Attached is a blow up.

Regards/Lars

Attached Files:

10. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Hi Lars,

Sorry, I don't mean the hatch. I mean the STERN. I must work on my natical vocabulary. Sorry again. :eek:

René
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

OK, then I am with you again ;)

The negative stern that I guess you prefer, is today almost as classic as a traditional positive stern.
    If I retain the present hull shape and cut out for a negative stern, she could look good as well. The aft rods have to come closer to the main sail, which influence the shape and sail area a little.
    But the main drawbacks are two, in my opinion. You lose the lazarette space, in this case the tender garage.
    Secondly you get a more sensitive stern when reversing towards the quay. This means you have to get your gangway out in advance and more crew will be occupied than otherwise. No big deal, but as a captain I prefer the positive stern. :)

Attached Files:

12. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

The hull of your design must be 2 metres longer; or the interieur 2 metres smaller :D ;) I like the sterns of the Jongert M-Line with a tender garage and a bathing platform
    Some hatches of the Oyster yachts looks beautiful. Or the hatches of the Ed Dubois designs(43 Meter Red Dragon)

Regards René

P.S.: Thanks, for the cross pole graphic: positive-negative stern
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  13. YachtLover

YachtLover New Member

Hey, Lars, I love that little 25-footer!!! Sadly, that's probably the only boat in your arsenal I could afford :mad: Do you have any idea of how much it would sticker for?
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi YachtLover, or should I call you BoatLover now? ;)

I have a pretty good figure on the price tag. It would be around USD 100.000 + sales tax, with a petrol V8 and add 10.000 for a diesel giving the same performance.

This is based on EU production, with hand layed up GRP and a pretty high quality on the interior fittings. Mass produced using vacuum techniques she could probably come down about 25 % i would guess.

I´ll tell you if she comes into production! :)
  15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

René,

I found a transom with the style you like, deep, deep down on my hard drive...
    It also has something we can call a hatch, that opens up to the stern garage ;)
    /Lars

Attached Files:

16. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Yes! That's the stern that I like! :)
  17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The revolving wall!

Here I´ll show you an idea I liked very much at the time (1997). You are however the first to see it since it´s creation!

The yacht is just an ordinary planing flybridge boat, around 70 feet/21 meter.

The extraordinary is that the whole glasswall to the aft deck, including floor and fittings, revolves.
    This way you can always prepare the table while your guests are having their drink in the bar. Then it is up to you, or the weather, to decide if you are gonna sit inside or outside to eat! In effect, you have two bars and two dining tables.

In a yacht of this size, the flexibility might have some advantages?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Simply Brilliant Lars! A sliding gangplate, indoor/outdoor bar-dinette... excellent space utilization. And one more time.... a timeless design. Bannenburg, Hargrave... you're in good company. ;)
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

200 Feet 2-masted Schooner

I was reading about Mari-CHA IV, built to be the worlds fastest monohull, on the BIG sail yacht thread. She has two identical rigs, an idea I had in 1993 when I made this concept on a classic schooner with a modern rig. Should look pretty good at the St Tropez sailing week? :cool:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
  20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

150 M2 Skerry Cruiser

Another classic concept I made just recently, is this 150 square-metre so called Skerry Cruiser. The type has a long history in our archipelagos, where boats of this type has been sailing for over a century.
    The Rule covers boats of 15, 22, 25, 30, 40, 55, 75, 95 and 150 sqm and I have made a boat that should, after some calculations, hopefully go into the 150 sqm class. Right now it is just an idea to further develop, but nevertheless an exciting yacht!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.