Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning

Lars Modin Design V

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Apr 6, 2011.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Since my time is limited, I have not made many designs besides the ones for our own brand, but I hope to show a few new concepts later on.

To start this new thread I can report that the new D40 Sidewalk now have been in the water for the first time. Reports are saying she performed as expected, if not better, with a top speed of 47 knots.

This is with twin Volvo Penta D6/370 hp and she will also come with 2 x D4/300 hp.

Attached Files:

2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

D 80 I P S

The coming Carbon Fibre 80-footer has now got a preliminary General Arrangement. With a small flybridge, a large open plan salon and four cabins below.

Owners cabin will be in the gravity center with two twin bedded cabins forward and a double bed VIP cabin in front. A self contained crew cabin will be between the owners and the engine room.

Power is from triple Volvo Penta IPS/1200, but perhaps we will go down to just two main engines. It depends a little on what the clients really want in speed. This must be decided pretty soon as the hull will look different depending on two or three drives. With just two engines the tender garage can also fit flush under the main deck.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Love the new D-80 Lars! Any reason why you didn't incorporate a tapered transom or a swim platform?
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Carl, I want a little of the classic transom to correspond with the bow. The garage door combines as a swim platform when folded out.
  5. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Yet another fine looking yacht, Lars. I would love to see this one.

Can't wait for the review.

I would really like to see your other production boats on this side of the pond at some point. I think they would do fairly well. At least where I live now.
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

We have the 54´ back in the water and was performing some trials today. These pictures are from when our sales manager, alone onboard, is taking the boat out of the Marina. The IPS handling is pretty impressive..!

Attached Files:

7. Justus

Justus Guest

Yea really cool system.
    But it looked really narrow between the 54 and the sailboat.
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

D26 Cristal

Here is a study of a future daycruiser. Built in carbon fibre with sandwich and infusion. Windows in the hull, with or without a foam fender and with or without glass hardtop. Self draining cockpit. Below is two beds, toilet room and a small galley. With a Volvo Penta D4 300 hp she will cruise around 40 knots.

Attached Files:

9. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Would you be creating some sunbeds/pads for that expanse of open teak?
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I will talk to the Cushion Department about it, actually today could be our summer in Stockholm. But some years it will last for several days...:cool:

Attached Files:

11. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Do you have a larger version of that photo Lars?

It would make a great background/wallpaper.
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

13. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Perfect. Thank you very much. I would really love to get back there someday.
  14. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Great "family portrait" Lars!
  15. Ward

Ward Senior Member

Thanks

That makes a nice desktop pic:

screen conv.jpg
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

D54 Nr3

After the first D54 with light grey and and nr 2 with dark grey hulls, we have launched an all white boat. Just got this picture when she arrived today.

UPDATED 2012-01-22; Here is the latest review on Youtube, in Swedish.. :) http://youtu.be/GEeOvJvSK1o

Attached Files:

17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is an update on the D80 design. The first hull will be white.:)

Attached Files:

18. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Mhhmm Mhhmm I love it Lars...very classical yet very modern!
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you! I don´t know where classic ends and modern starts any more, since I have reused the same design elements over the last twenty years. This collection of concepts is from 1991...

Attached Files:

20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Over the last couple of months, the D80 IPS has got a new look to accommodate a larger main deck salon and flybridge. The design is now more timeless, still contemporary like her little sister the D54 IPS.

The first boat will be all white and have triple IPS 1200 for a top speed near 40 knots, cruising 30+ with her light 100% Carbon construction. Since it always takes some time to build moulds and prepare for a series production, boat number one is expected to be launched in summer 2013. But already this fall we will make sea trials with the real full scale hull, which is exciting!

Attached Files: