Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Delta

| OceAnco | 55.63M | "QUEEN MAVIA" ex. "Lady Christine" | 2001 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by christo303, Jan 12, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TacTours

TacTours New Member

New York

Hi,
    I was in Yonkers N.Y. today and happen to see Lady Christine heading North on the Hudson River.:)
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Welcome aboard TacTours:)
  3. pinball

pinball New Member

was sitting on the banks of the hudson river when the most beautiful yacht I have ever seen passed by. In Kingston New York. she was heading north at an incredible pace. The "Lady Christine" is truly a work of art!
  4. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Lady Christine

Been saying that for years my friend. She was everyones favourite during design and I spent more time on design with her than any of the others. I started with constelation but was soon moved to lady Christine and started on her lifeboat launchers.(my personal pride and joy). The whole company preferred her over the others being built at that time. Consteltion, Stargate, Al Mirqab (Indian Princess) and Pegasus. Lady Christine still catched the eye of all spectators where ever she is. Last I saw her was off Cowes fron during Cowes Week. Miss her greatly! Glad she still looks the best. Thanks for the info:) :)
  5. Cove829

Cove829 New Member

Hello all, i was working yesterday in ossining, ny where i have a great view of the hudson. i saw the most beautiful yacht i've ever seen, so i took out the binoculars and watched her cruise up the river. i was awe struck, the Lady Christine is amazing!
  6. beverlym

beverlym New Member

lady christine

i just saw lady christine in troy ny what a great looking boat
  7. beverlym

beverlym New Member

Lady Christine

she is in troy ny. i could not belive such a yacht like this would be in troy ny
  8. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Hi all,

I will post an introduction post shortly, but I thought I would share this picture first. I live in the Albany, NY area and saw this yacht in Troy, NY. After a search on Google, I found this thread. Here is the picture I took today.

Attached Files:

9. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

great photo Michael! That could be a postcard for LC!

Dan
  10. Angelus

Angelus New Member

DITTO !!! Michael, great pic. new amongst the old. You made an old man nearly cry here. Fantastic to see she still has all her glory.I put my life and soul into so many of her features. I just wish some of you guys and dolls could actually see onboard. She was the flag ship with every conceivable new extra we couls come up with. The really good thing here is this is the first ever pic i have seen with the heli actually onboard. I had the pleasure of designing all that was needed to enable the heli deck. From the hatch (featured earlier by me) to the ventilation of the tanks. Heli fule being a bit more volitile than her main engine fuel. I remember like yesterday that some Dutch idiot wanted to ventilate the fuel tank out the ass end of upper deck which was directly above maindeck where smokink was allowed. I ended up in so many design argument over this work of art I feel so proud to have made this beuaty. Would love to visit again if Anyone is reading this. Thanks from all the original design team ..Really!!!! you guys make us proud.!!:) :)
  11. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Thanks Dan and Angelus. Here are a couple more I got. I still have no idea what they would be doing in Troy. It is quite the ghetto area. You are welcome to use these pics as long as you give me photo credit. I also have them I could send a little higher resolution.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      101.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      160.6 KB
      Views:
  12. forgingahead

forgingahead New Member

More of Lady Christine in Troy

Here is a link to a bunch more shots of Lady Christine moored in Troy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/forgingahead/sets/72157620017614406/

Not sure I'd agree that Troy is a "slum," but there is no doubt that the presence of such opulence on the waterfront was big news during the city's River Festival that was going on today.

Word was the owner and some guests were flying in to board and take a leisurely cruise down the Hudson. For those not aware, New York is celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's exploration of the river this summer. I don't know if that had anything to do with the Lady being in the area or not.
  13. Angelus

Angelus New Member

photo

Leaving my love for this yacht and all I had with it. YOU!!! Should REALLY send that lat pic to a magazine. As a Photographer, I think it is Bloody fantastic. I did not want to metion 'Guetto' but you all ready did. Take it from the very top...The dark daunting sky line colour, then the old building with broken windows.. then Lady Christine.Even down to the greenary in the foreground. I HONESTLY THINK THIS IS THE BEST PHOTO EVER!!!!! Of this vessel.. Well Done!!!!! I love it!!!!!!
  14. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Nice shots Bob!
  15. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Wow! I am very flattered by this comment. Thank you. I wouldn't know where to begin submitting for this type of machine.
  16. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

Oceanco may want to use that photo for promotional use. I wouldnt know how to go about doing that kind of thing but im guessing that if you wanted to sell it they would be the ones to talk to.
  17. patricia ann

patricia ann New Member

Great pictures of the Lady Christine

Love the pictures--absolutely stunning. However, I must take issue with Troy being cited as a "ghetto." :confused: Although the downtown/marina area isn't great, the city itself is trying hard to work towards restoring it to some of its industrial age splendor-a long hard journey to be sure. I, too, was amazed to see this beautiful yacht in a place such as Troy, but hope that the owners found something worthwhile to see while here on their visit.:) Good luck with having one or more of the pics published as suggested.
  18. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Let me offer my apologies to those in the area that may have been offended. I guess perhaps 'ghetto' wasn't the best term to use.
  19. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thank you for the lovely close ups of her. Honestly I never paid much mind to "Lady Christine" but after looking at these close up photos, she is a beautiful boat, still very well maintain even after a few years. Does M-BOAT ever leave that pad?
  20. barre

barre New Member

Attached Files: