Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

Just Wondering

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Bystander, Oct 14, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bystander

Bystander Senior Member

Today I got a advertisment in the mail from Hatteras that shows what appears to be a completed 80 Skylounge. This does not look like an artist rendering as their web page shows. Has anyone heard that they completed and launched one?

Also I noticed that the 65 Marquis from Carver is no longer listed on their web page, only the 59. Doe's this mean they have discontinued the 65?

Maybe the upcomming Boat show in Miami will tell.
    :rolleyes:
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Yes... Hatteras does have a new skylounge motoryacht. The first was completed for a South American buyer with a custom interior. Hatteras will have the new skylounge on display at the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show, where it will make its public debut.

We have a review of it coming up right after the show. :)
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I wish I had more info for you on the 65' Carver Marquis. I'm sure it has not been discontinued, only omitted from their webpage. This is usually due to not having presentable photography ready, or in some cases... (like many manufacturers) they don't maintain their own websites.

The new Marquis is a truly outstanding product and it may perform better in the market than Carver's Voyager line, which has been hugely successful. Beyond the sleek European styling of the Marquis, the interior is on par with some of the finest yachts I've seen.

Carver's come along way!
  4. Bystander

Bystander Senior Member

Thanks for the information. I really liked both boats and wanted to see them.