Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Ocean Alexander

IP Viewable Camera System

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pinehollow, Aug 30, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pinehollow

Pinehollow New Member

Does anyone have any experience or recomendations for a hardware/software package to use standard NTSC video cameras and input to PC for internet viewing? Looking to do 3 cameras.
    Thanks
  2. gofish

gofish New Member

Here's a very good forum for this type of info:

http://www.cctvforum.com/

In general, I'd avoid trying to rig up a PC as a CCTV DVR. A dedicated CCTV DVR is generally cheaper and more reliable.

As for cameras, consider day/night cameras with switchable IR filters for true color reproduction during the day and and efficient B&W images at night that can be illuminated with IR lights. The most suitable (and most expensive) cameras for the type of conditions you encounter on a boat are made by Extreme CCTV.
  3. Pinehollow

Pinehollow New Member

Thanks gofish,
    I am going to check out that forum.
    I have a situation where I need to use certain cameras for asthetic/function reasons. Elbex Exc 17-4 X 4 into Ikegami Camera switcher for the E.R. and a Latham Camera (modified Watec with Polarized filter, excellent for recording fishing) and mini interior camera.
    Customer is not so concerned with DVR but more to log in to webpage and check on the boat dockside from the office.

Also going to have a new NVTi 6100 (Amazing)
    http://www.nvti-usa.com

Again, thanks for the input, and I will let you know how I make out.
  4. gofish

gofish New Member

Most CCTV DVRs stream both recorded and realtime video over IP. Though I haven't researched units that only stream realtime video (without a record feature), you may discover that you can get the record feature for little or no extra cost.

Anyway, you'll find the people on the CCTV forum much more helpful, as most of the members are fulltime CCTV professionals. They also love a unique installation such as yours.

That 6100 camera looks sweet!