Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Perko

Important News Flash

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by ruby, Aug 9, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ruby

ruby Member

I don't know if we will see a 2015 model at this time. Liam as
    pics on the web site show they are doing refits at Warton Creek
  2. ruby

ruby Member

Older boater, no one said there was no market, do not misconstrue that. It is probably a smaller market, and may not be profitable at this present time. He sounds like an intelligent man who has been in this business for quite sometime, and from what I have heard from people who have had repairs done there, they are top notch. So they do have a proven track record and great reputation. I think that most of us thought that we would be able to call the new Post Yachts and say I have a 1986 Post 46 can I buy two new hinges for my salon cabinet, and expect them to be on the shelves and be ups shipped that day. We were all out of our minds thinking that, without really knowing what inventory was bought by the new owner. I think the old owners may have not acted with integrity at times and that's what led to their demise, I have a friend who has obvious gelcoat issues and had been jerked around by them for years. I will say that the call I received today was welcomed and I wish the new company well.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I'm not meaning to say they said zero, but their actions tend to indicate they don't believe in that market, don't believe, as you say, that they can be profitable building boats that size. Don't have the confidence to build even one spec boat.

The longer they go without building a Post, the less likely a revival of the brand is. I've seen this with too many brands.

This to me is perhaps one needs to refer to the old saying of "put your money where your mouth is." Build a boat and you get reviews in lots of places plus talk in forums. I can see the titles pronouncing "Post is Back" and a review proclaiming how great the old Post was and how amazing that they've brought that back and now used currently technology to build an even better boat. Maybe someone will order one, but the delay in having that first build has been much too long.

When was the last Post built?
  4. Post Mayhem

Post Mayhem Member

I just wish they would reply to emails sent to the address on their website. They state the have items available. I am in the market for some items but they will never sell them if they don't respond to customer requests.....just sayin'
  5. Post Mayhem

Post Mayhem Member

In fairness to the new owners I am following up my previous comment to let everyone know I received a response to my email to Post. If anyone is still looking for the forward hatches they will make them. They have none in stock but will make a run after they have orders. Sounds like it fits with the rest of this thread in as much as not building a boat.....
  6. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Yeah for getting a response! That's the first good sign that maybe the son in law will have an impact on communications? We're an easy bunch to please....
  7. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Quote: "They have none in stock but will make a run after they have orders..."
    (As we Dutch say) Sounds like a truism (if translated correct)...if they get orders...
  8. olderboater

Yeah, you offer me enough money and I'll build you a boat...

Beau said "We're an easy bunch to please." Yes, you are because you're all so hopeful. I understand. But I don't call it a boat builder until they actually build a boat and to this point they haven't built one and they show no plans to do so.
  9. Beau

Beau Senior Member

OB

At this point, I think many of us would be very pleased with a dependable source for Post specific info, parts and suppliers. We would then become a dependable source for future purchases ?? Ain't gonna buy from someone who doesn't know where to get a vent cover....
  10. Beau

Beau Senior Member

And so what do you do with your leaky hatch while they build a list? Something's wrong with this business model, IMO
  11. olderboater

They say they will be attending the US Powerboat Show in Annapolis October 16- 19 to "discuss brokerage, repair and refit, new construction and next year’s Post Owners Rendezvous." Note the word "discuss" as opposed to "show."
  12. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

I talked to a pair of gents from Post when I was at the Newport show. We talked about some refit work, but they also said there are no plans to build a boat "on spec". It's certainly a chicken and egg situation, but I, for one, wouldn't want to be the guinea pig unless the pricing was very generous.
  13. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    I ask myself, can we take them seriously when they are not able to build a new Post ‘on stock/display’?
  14. olderboater

I don't believe so. When they are unable or unwilling to make even that investment in their brand, why should we? I guess they just believe one day someone will as if by magic run up to them cash in hand and say they want Hull #1.