Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Cross

Henrik Fisker Designing Yachts?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Dec 27, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I recently received a press release about Henrik Fisker designing yachts for Benetti. Hardly newsworthy but more importantly, Fisker isn't worthy of ANY news coverage. If other media sources publish this compost, then it further exemplifies how irresponsible they are.

If you're not familiar with Fisker's deceitful and deceptive practices, then Google "Henrik Fisker and Tesla". For those who have invented and patented products, or developed technologies that made our world a better place, people like Fisker are bottom feeding opportunists who should be shunned.

I hope Karma proves true and Fisker gets what he deserves; relegated to a blip on the annals of automotive history.

Attached Files:

2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I love this one line from Motor Trend.

"Fisker’s approach was a classic case of skipping a couple steps in the algebra solution, dropping a negative sign for a positive and messing up the order of operations."
  3. Dillon1018

Dillon1018 Member

As his auto venture so miserably failed, I would assume that his marine ventures would follow suit.....
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

A buddy of mine drives a Fisker Karma. Those guys are fanboys and look at Fisker as the Savior. :)
  5. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

He was a prominent part of the "early Tesla", the one going so bad that Musk had to drop in personally, fire a whole bunch of executives and get something going himself. Articles above don't even give Fisker enough credit on that part.

So Musk bankrolled Eberhard, Fisker and pals to manage and deliver at Tesla, and it went so well that he had to go in himself. I still wonder who "invested" in their next venture, what kind of background checks he did and what he expected. Cuz we know by now how it went.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

From Daily Tech August 18, 2012

Sounds familiar, doesn't it.
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, especially the idea that design and styling is the same thing. I designed a handful of electric cars in the 70:s, purposeful design as golf and distribution cars, they are still in production.
  8. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

Actually, that part is not. One might argue Jobs was noone more then "a designer". It's not a profession or the kind of vision a leader has. It's whether he can adjust for the real world, and whether he delivers.
    They both (musk and later fisker) started with a pretty DOA idea of "sportcar". That one doesn't work even in the gasoline world (koenigsegg, pagani, spyker... on and on - any1 of those "won the game"?) Tesla pivoted to a more lifelike sedan. Fisker never did.
    What makes the cherry topping is that by the time Fisker "left" Tesla, the abovementioned notion was obvious inside the company. Why didn't he take that single most important piece of proprietary knowledge with him is "a mystery"*.
    *not really. A lot of people are just arrogant, dumb and incompetent, we all know that.