Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Help!!! Marine toilet repeating mystery

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Noa Ramot, Jan 7, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Noa Ramot

Noa Ramot New Member

Hi all. Need your advice with this weird case . Maybe you will have idea

We had a Johnson marine electric 24V toilet. It was old and made problems, we called the shop and they said they have 50% sale so we bought it instead of buying parts and installed that with the same old switch . It worked for a second and then didn't work. I knocked on it and it worked for a bit. And then stoped working ...we were very disappointed, we troed and connected it directly to our 24V . Pump didn't work . We went back to the shop ....shop apologize and replaced, we took that home and again connected it to the switch and ....pump dosent work... connected to the 24 ...not working. Old pump is working ( bad , but workin). We are afraid that maybe something is wrong with our setting?
  2. ReelPlumber

ReelPlumber Member

Have you checked the voltage at the switch?
    Are you getting 24v?
    It may be a voltage or amp draw problem.
    Make sure you don't have a ground wire issue.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It sounds to me like you have the toilet power hooked up backwards. Also bypass the switch and make sure the switch is good.

I manage a yacht where the owner sometimes hires other people to replace things without asking. Well he hired someone the broker recommended to replace a vaccuflush electric toilet........ The new toilet had a Ethernet cable from the flush buttons to the circuit board on the toilet (so cannot screw up the connections). The ONLY 2 electrical connections to the system, the idiot managed to hook the positive to negative and negative to positive, then spent a week trying to fix it and why it instantly popped the breaker (which also popped the breaker to the only other toilet on the yacht as they were wired on the same breaker). I took one look at it and in 5 minutes saw the circuit board on the flush buttons had a burned spot and the wiring was backwards.......