Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Perko

Helm Chair replacement-can you share your experience?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Whidbey, Mar 23, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Whidbey

Whidbey New Member

I am looking to add two new helm chairs to the flybridge of my 42 Ocean Alexander sedan. I am interested in the Llebroc and the Springfield lines of chairs and associated price range. The range of pricing starts at $800 and goes up to $1600 for the chairs ( the pedestal pricing is not included).I am not looking at chairs that cost more than $1600.

Where I need some advice is sorting through the various differences/advantages/features/material options. If you've got an opinion on these two manufacturers and the best product for the money, could you give me your opinion? FYI, I have been looking at Springfield Mariner, Navigator 2, Chartsman, etc, and Llebroc Series 1 and 2, leather vs. vinyl, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
  2. Whidbey

Whidbey New Member

I am adding the Todd 5 star helm chair to my list as well. Anyone have an opinion on any of these chairs for a fly bridge? Thanks!
  3. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Ours came with an odd assortment of Garelick seats with some Springfield hardware. I replaced the Springfield rotating/sliding system last year with Garelick parts -- the ones actually designed for our pedestals and seats -- and got better results for swivel and fore-aft control. No clue why the original parts were mushed together. In any case, I prefer the Garelick system over the Springfield components. Might be different if our pedestals and seats were by Springfield, too.

-Chris
  4. Whidbey

Whidbey New Member

Thanks Chris! Your advice to stay within one manufacturer for all helm chair components is sound advice. I will take full advantage of your experience in this area. Cheers.
  5. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I replaced my helm seat with a llebroc and have been very pleased
  6. Whidbey

Whidbey New Member

motoryachtlover, Thanks for the thumbs-up on Llebroc! That's helpful in making my decision.