over the winter I upgraded the garmin plotters to newer models. I got a great deal on a pair of 8212 units and it was much more economical that Furuno or ray marine where I would have to replace everything. I decided it would be nice to have a complete garmin setup and replaced the ray marine 8002 autopilot with the garmin reactor. I kept the ray marine pump. I've had to call garmin almost a dozen times with issues to get it to even do the auto tuning, but that finally worked. I've moved the compass 4 times to help improve performance, all for nought. It performs the same way in each case. I've played with adjusting the settings in the dealer mode as the auto tune setting are horrible. After a few hours yesterday, I've pretty much decided to pull it off the boat and put a ray marine evolution pilot on. It won't have the integration but at this point, just working would make me happy. Here's what I'm experiencing and have been unable to resolve: the pilot overreacts to roll , which causes a roll the other way, which it then reacts even worse to and the boat starts to roll worse and worse in dead flat seas. Disengage the pilot and it stops. I can see the pilot moving the rudder and causing the problem. I was able to dampen this behaviour to almost an acceptable level and thought I was winning. Next I tried having it turn the boat 30 degrees. It overshoots the target heading by another 30 degrees and just keeps swinging back and forth 6 or 8 times before getting on the line. At this point, the boat is rocking a bit and the first problem reappears! I've had autopilot problems in the past that took years to resolve. I'm not willing to wait years this time. I'm going to call garmin one more time but hold little hope. While they can be good support, I've received conflicting advice from each tech in the phone. I'm shocked that this new technology can't understand roll and can't learn how to hit a heading. I'm completely willing to believe it's a confit problem on my end but I'm at a total loss here and so is my installer. Lastly, I had to install the rudder feedback and the autopilot keeps alarming saying it's lost rudder feedback rate. Not sure what's broken there either. I did get the garmin rudder feedback adaptor so I could use the ray marine that was still installed and that helped with this error. So, as a last ditch effort to get this working, I'm posting here to see if anybody knows anything that may help. I'll call garmin tomorrow too, but will have a ray marine pilot by Friday if I can't get this working. I installed an evolution on my last boat and it's one time the reality actually lives up to the marketing. It installed in minutes. I had an older rm pilot and already had nmea 2k so I just plugged the sensor in and replaced the core pack and was done in 30 minutes. I just like the idea of being able to activate the pilot from the plotter and have it follow the auto routing. Now the auto routing isn't great where I am and even when I try to correct, it doesn't like it. Still it's a cool idea.