Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Furuno

Gardner 6lxb Diesel Engines

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by david_japp, May 5, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. david_japp

david_japp Senior Member

We are fitting 2 totally rebuilt and very beautiful Gardner 6LXBs in my 1961 61ft displacement Van Lent. Does anyone have any experience of these engines and what sort of exhaust system have you ( Apparently they are low pressure engines and it's not a good idea to use a modern aqua-lift type wet exhaust that relies on pressure to blow water out of exhaust)
  2. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

Many moons ago I worked on a fishing boat with Gardeners which had a dry stack exhausts, but most 50' work boats do. I see no reason not to use a wet exhaust but would probabley avoid an underwater exhaust. There are a couple of companies that specialize in this field and I recomend seeking their advise. Soundown being one of them
  3. Viceroy

Viceroy Member

Gardners

I agree with Gary. Very conventional for Gardners to be fitted with dry stack and keel cooling in the Pacific Northwest. I'm envious that you've got two of these beauties...you should never be disappointed once they're fully and properly installed. Cheers, Richard.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member