Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

FYI for the non Geek Sailors and Apple Lovers

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Old Phart, May 25, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Some interesting reading regarding IT Security 101:

ISC Diary | Security 101 : Security Basics in 140 Characters Or Less

So, why bother?

Well, it's the beginning of October, already.

Does anyone really believe that those involved with either of the below websites are laughing? Let us not forget that they are professionals and I am a mere dummy taking up bandwidth with my jocular reminders of the importance of IT Security. After all, everyone knows that it is impossible to connect to the Internet whilst aboard a yacht - sail or power. ;)

The Linux Kernel Archives Note: They are back! Check the Site News for info.

welcome to Linux
  2. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Somewhat off-topic, but do you remember the Stuxnet virus attack the US and Israel performed against Iran last year? It apparently destroyed about 25% of Iran's nuclear capability. Worse for the Iranians is that they don't have assurance that timed viruses have been removed from their systems and could get activated at at later date.
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Wouldn't you just love a free iPad?

So, you received permission to take a break – coffee, tea, or juice a la Jack LaLanne and an added bonus of a little social interaction via Facebook.

You notice an offer in memory of Steve Jobs for free iPads. Hey, it’s free and only a click away.

Interesting read regarding giving a second thought to any situation before clicking.

Steve Jobs death exploited by Facebook scammers | Naked Security

There is an added bonus with the above link – the speech Steve Jobs gave at Stanford University in 2005.

P.S.- This post is not an attempt to have anyone join the Sophos page on Facebook; but merely a reminder to exercise caution before clicking.
  4. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

5. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

6. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

7. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member