Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

First Design: Seeking Comments/Criticism

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by dorvieto, Jun 29, 2011.

1. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

New Colors

New colors for the plumb bow version...Inspired by Oceanco's Y706

Attached Files:

2. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hi,

Maybe Increase all deck heights by at least 1ft (including hull). Those main supports running from deck to deck inline, maybe make those thicker (inwards), and maybe offset them (less predictable). The top one can maybe be used as vents for aircon, engines, etc. And be used as maybe support for the top house and/or a design feature...?

Transom/back deck... It would look nice with a round ended pool, complemented with a round garage, with teak steps leading down around the garage to the back platform...?

Define the gunwhales more, maybe teak railing on them and all decks.
    Maybe widen the side decks on deck 3, crews with fenders, etc.

Rub rails on the side of the hull, one just above the boot stripe, the other further up the hull.

And note, you can always cover up function with design. :D

Just some thoughts. Cheers

Far
  3. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the feedback. I've been tweaking the design here and there, and I definitely agree about the teak steps around the garage at the transom. I'm working that feature out right now in fact. I hope to have an improved version up on YF in a few days.
  4. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

Updates to design: for better or worse?

I've made a few updates to the design, such as a swim platform with transom stairs and some new support elements on the superstructure. I'm interested in what changes, if any, add or detract from the design's appeal. I would appreciate any comments.

Attached Files:

5. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

Improved water texture

Here's a rendering of the current state of the design with much better looking water. Looking back at the first rendering I posted, its pretty laughable compared to this one! I'm pleased with the progress though. Any comments/opinions out there? Any tips on how to add wake in using Photoshop to really complete the effect?

Attached Files:

6. 84far

84far Senior Member

dorvieto,

Sorry, I'm not liking the new water... looks very washy. Have you tried photoshop real water like you did with the back ground, I'm not to sure how to do that though.

How long is the boat... 80...90m...?

Can you also fit a helipad on the front... she looks a little plane :rolleyes:

Far
  7. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

Updated Rendering

Updated rendering using V-Ray. No photoshopping or post-processing of any kind. Thoughts on this version versus the previous??

Attached Files:

8. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Great rendering... but frankly the external look of a yacht is significantly less than 50% of what matters. Do you have any drawings to share on the interior layout? Including engineering spaces? I believe that folks buy/charter these craft based on the functionality of the beasts.. and looking pretty (which you're doing an excellent job with) is frosting... and my question is what's inside these attractive lines? I look forward to your response!
  9. 84far

84far Senior Member

Depends on what matters, if dorvieto is going to specialize in exterior design than that's the only thing that should matter. Usually there's a team of people to answer your question.

She's looking great dorvieto. Maybe a helipad and some lounge areas on the foredeck...? :D

Far
  10. Rbhussey

Rbhussey New Member

I have to say dorvieto I really, really really like your designs! Just thought I would let you know! I like the modernistic look of her, and the smoothness of everything! she just looks like its flowing together! and elegant on the water! Fantastic! :)
  11. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

I too am liking the designs more and more....keep them coming, with hulls in varying colors and high as well as maybe water level views from all different directions.

cheers
  12. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

Long overdue....Here are the some of the final exterior renderings. 400016_ms4phbmkymczkxpbblx90lbhl.png
  13. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

400016_u45ryp7rcttuxnrlvycgnbers.png
  14. dorvieto

dorvieto New Member

400016_ztxktq3iyu8eyglklwwozwvse.png
  15. Viceroy

Viceroy Member

How about looking at a design of a motor yacht in the 65' - 70' range that incorporates an "on deck, master stateroom". My wife doesn't want to live in the "basement suite" and likes to lounge in "her" bedroom" while we are at anchor in many of the many nooks and crannies of the Pacific Northwest. It may sound too personal but laying in bed with large windows vs port lights, to enjoy the serenity of a n almost private anchorage is what we both desire. We cruise year around in the the area and have sufficient knowledge (after 15 years) of how we like to cruise in these so-called northern waters and the necessities for a well designed/built vessel for safety and comfort. Get your pen (electronic or otherwise) out. I look forward to whatever you come up with. Cheers, Richar.