Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Cross

Ferretti Group rejectes offer for Pershing

Discussion in 'Pershing Yacht' started by Liam, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Ferretti Group has turned down a 100 million EURO offer for Pershing.

Here is the PR from IBI:

Italian boatbuilding group Ferretti has turned down a €100m offer for its Pershing boat brand, according to a story on Italian financial newswire MF Dow Jones.
    Ferretti CEO Salvatore Basile is reported to have rejected the offer within the past few days. The offer is rumoured to have come from one of two private equity groups, one Dutch-controlled and the other based in the Netherlands and Belgium.
    The Ferretti Group's 2010-2012 industrial plan included the sale of boat brand Apreamare, which was announced on Monday. In November last year Ferretti sold its share in Spanish superyacht painting company Pinmar SL.
    Ferretti has declared no further intentions to sell any other brands.
  2. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Strangely after this rejected offer Pershing Chairman and founder Attilio Antonelli has resigned from his position.

This is very strange and I consider this move that he was behind the buy out and seeking independance from the Ferretti Group. But this is only a theory I have....

It is not a surprise but that Ferretti Group does not want to sell Pershing as it was its best performing brand both in yachts delivered and sales created for 2009.
  3. map

map New Member

Yes Lian, I can confirm that you theory about Tilli Antonelli's reassignment of the company is right, and that he probably don't left the company voluntary.