Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Experience with Viking Service in Riviera Beach?

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by BoulderGT3, Apr 3, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

I'm considering having them do the bottom job and prop speed on my Viking. Nothing on Active Captain about them. Does any body have any experience with them or would they be recommended? Thanks
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They're Viking, they do as good as a job as the factory did on building your boat. I would trust them with doing a bottom job and prop speed.
  3. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

Don't know about Viking at riviera but Seminole is about 20 minutes north and the have eagle eye on site. Eagle eye is doing a fair amount of work on my Viking and so far so good. They will be doing the prop speed thing as well, but are recommending a different brand that prop speed.
  4. bsd222

bsd222 New Member

A & J Boatworks in Stuart has done all of the work on my Viking.Bottom job,prop speed,cutlass bearings,paint job from the waterline up,its there now getting a mezzanine installed.Great yard and reasonably priced.
  5. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I like A&J as well.
  6. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

Thanks I'll give them a call too.
  7. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

I was going to have the bottom work done a few months ago but didn't get around to it. FWIW, I've never had a problem with prop speed but I've had 3 yards recommend prop one. IIRC, the 1ltr kit is about $375 vs $440 for prop speed. I don't have the numbers in front of me but it was in that range. Not a big deal. I don't know if yards are recommending due to prop speed problems or prop one marketing.
  8. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Viking is know for their superior customer service and excellent work well beyond the boating and yachting industry.

If it is Viking it is most likely done right.
  9. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They can sell Prop One for less and still make more money on Prop One, previously known as Prop Gold. Whether they believe it is better or not, only they know. We've had success with Prop Speed so not about to change. The yard we use is not one pushing Prop One.
  10. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

Just as follow up- I shopped 4 well known yards for the bottom job and prop speed. All were $4400 +/- $300. I like Viking Riviera but nobody answers the phone. You always have to leave a voicemail and then I end up playing phone tag. Back to Harbortown where I've always had good work done.
  11. ReelPlumber

ReelPlumber Member

Steven at A&J Boatworks did mine and did a great job at a reasonable price.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]