Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander

EVC controls

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by mike sheeks, Feb 19, 2018.

1. mike sheeks

mike sheeks New Member

Hello I have 2006 Cruiser with twin 715 Volvo engines. My EVC control will not turn on my starboard engine allowing to start the motor. The port engine is fine. I have had my Volvo displays replaced and both engines were monitoring on one display (port) but the engines still started. I figured out how to re-program the starboard monitor to read the starboard engine but I ask the starboard monitor to reset to factory settings. After that the EVC would not let the starboard start after the key was turned on. So I don't know how to re-program the Volvo monitors to allow the EVC to start the starboard motor. Any help ???
    Thank You !
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I've worked with Volvo EVC's for many years and have no idea what you've done that would stop it starting.

Are you getting lights/power to it or is it completely dead?
  3. mike sheeks

mike sheeks New Member

Completely dead. What's weird is the engine monitor would normally turn on when you turn the key on, but now it doesn't at all. But when the port engine key is turned on the starboard monitor turns on but obviously it gives no reading because the engine is not running. All this happened after I ran the starboard engine the first time and tried to re-set to factory settings. LMK TY !!
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Try and pull the connector and clean each contact, then do the other end in the E/R. Damp gets in them and they really don't like it.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Have you tested the key switch for the starboard engine?
  6. mike sheeks

mike sheeks New Member

Clean what connector ? Pull the EVC unit ? The key switch for the starboard engine does NOT activate the engine monitor at all. It worked one time.
    Anyway thanks again.