Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Westport

Donzi 65 "Naty"

Discussion in 'Donzi/Roscioli Yacht' started by Manny, Mar 26, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Manny

Manny Senior Member

Here we have pictures of one of only 3 65' donzis in Puerto Rico. It was the first donzi in Puerto Rico back in 1993 or 1994 and has remained here ever since. It is also hull #2, constructed right after the "Miss Judie" in 1987.

The original stateroom configuration involved only 2 staterooms and a crew stateroom. This was shortly changed after one of its owners, Gabriel Espasa, made the master bathroom smaller and created the starboard bunkroom. This idea was immedietaly copied by Bob Roscioli and ever since then he's been making the Stateroom configuration just as seen on the "Naty". The boat was sold to Nicholas Megwinoff in 2002 and he now continues to own it. Ever since Nicky bought it, he's spent a ton of money on it making it up to modern standards, mainly on the 16v92 engines it has. He upgraded them and now made it more fuel efficient and with more HP. And lastly, this is also the Donzi I'm trying to get my hands on. :cool: would be nice to own a piece of history such as Hull #2

Attached Files:

2. Manny

Manny Senior Member

2 more photos

Attached Files:

3. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I see the port holes on the stbd side- which the "Sea Deuce" does not have. Some of them have it and some do not. I cannot decide which looks better...:) I do like the black mask all the way around- which #4 had also, but was changed before I came aboard. Does this one have a "magic sink"? One of the highlights of the salon is the magic sink- a beautiful brass sink with buttons for "Absolute-Dewars-Bacardi-Tanqueray-" which delights everyone that comes aboard. It's hidden on the port side counter top. The first thing I did when I came aboard was to polish this to a mirror finish and make sure it functioned as designed...:D
    No center ladder either- I do prefer the center tower ladder.
  4. Manny

Manny Senior Member

hahahahaha!

as a matter of fact, it DOES have the magic sink;)

the current owner has it hooked mainly to bottles of whiskey and tequila, but every once in a while he puts in other drinks.

I also prefer the center tower much much better. the reason it has side ladders instead is because of a hurricane that came and blew off the original tower, which had a center, and the owner decided to place side ladders as a replacement. notice how the sturcture of the tower is slightly different. it shows mostly from the front shot.
  5. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

My folks love hearing the "ZZZZZZZZZZZ" of the pumps going. It's the favorite sound on the boat. New guests really like the sink. That and the blue lit Sailfish- we call that the "drinking light"...:p
  6. Manny

Manny Senior Member

that sailfish must be custom made.....the naty does not have that. or any stained glass window for that matter, although the owner is considering it in the aft salon window.
  7. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Nearly all the Donzi's I've seen have had some sort of etched glass. That was in the boat when it was new, as well as a mermaid in the master. I was at Star Island in Montauk last year and "Escape" (72) and "Guarimba" (73) were there. While it was neat- I laughed- I was the small Donzi....:eek:
  8. Manny

Manny Senior Member

hahahaha

to call a 65' boat the shrimp is pretty funny.

very true, most, if not all Donzi's have some sort of custom etched window. the naty's probably the only exception, since it was one of the very first ones. I dont think the idea for custom etched windows came before hull #3. But they look excellent :)
  9. rampage38

rampage38 New Member

Magic Sink

Do you guys have any pictures of this magic sink? I was watching a show about the hotel Atlantis, and all of their main bars use a pneumatic type system to distribute alcohol. I do not know if this is a rare thing but it was pretty cool to see.
  10. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I'll take some on monday and post them soon. I fish for swords monday night and sails on tuesday, so it'll be wed before I get the chance. These sinks use 12V windshield washer pumps.
  11. Manny

Manny Senior Member

Newer pictures of the Naty.

Attached Files:

12. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

Naty is now for Sale

$349k with allied marine. I believe it traveled to Stuart on it own bottom. Any info on the state of the boat now?
  13. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I see it's listed on Yachtworld. I believe it does not have the etched glass because Bob Roscioli did not build it- he bought the company and completed hull #4 as his first boat. For some reason they list the ME (DD)16-92's HP as 1350. Master is forward in the V-berth- where you are going to here the chine slap more than any other place. IDK why it's in Stuart, but it would not make financial sense to move it except on it's own bottom from PR. GLWS whom ever owns it!
  14. searage

searage Member

Very nice vessel. I am not familiar with the quality of the electrical and mechanical systems. Any owners out there that want to share? Having owned an older Hatteras i always noticed the quality of the materials and how well they stood the test of time. My boat was an 88 and the electrical systems looked great. it was also nice to have blueprints and numbered wires. What is the hull and superstructure made of on the Donzi? I know these are custom boats but like i said i am not familiar with the build and i know the productions numbers were low.
  15. searage

searage Member

"Naty"

Well, it looks like Naty was sold. No longer on Allied or Yachtworld. My wife and I visited this Donzi and we were not ready to buy but she was a beautiful boat. Best of luck to the new owner.
  16. weto

weto Senior Member

Bamboo, where are the pics of the "magic sink" you promised ? Very interested in seeing this magic device.
  17. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Ocean yachts installed a lot of those magic sinks also.....It was just a pad with like 8 buttons on it. You pressed the button for what you want then it would dispense that. Wasn't a big deal and nobody ever really used them.
  18. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I'm having the brass plaque with the lit buttons replicated. It'll be done next week and installed shortly after that. I also replaced two of the pumps.
  19. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

Looks like she's for sale again in Florida.
    Can't tell for sure, but one photo seems to show part of that "N" on the stern.
  20. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

That's her.