Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Burger

Disappointing survey today...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Norseman, Oct 23, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Thx Judy.
    PM on the way.
  2. JWY

JWY Senior Member

My client has been on a search for an Albin 28 since Norseman started this thread. We finally found one in good condition. She surveyed well and we closed on her today. These are good boats that only need a conscientious owner doing proper maintenance.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And seemed to go to a lot of people who were not conscientious owners. There are other boats that have that common issue while some brands seem to have many meticulously maintained. I imagine it's different for the same brand in different parts of the world. All the issues you and Norseman were finding seemed to point to poor upkeep.

Congratulations on finding a good one.
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

L
    Florida boat?
    I looked at quit a a few of those, but some had weird engines and other stuff turning me off.
    Glad there are good ones out there.
    Enjoying my Glacier Bay in the meantime, hoping I will keep it for a long time and won't grow out of it. If I win the Lotto however....
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

NJ boat, one owner, serviced regularly by the yard at the marina where she has been docked.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

In that size range, style of boat, and age. I would expect a lot more disappointing surveys rather than exciting surveys. It's just a size and style of boat (inboard) that people generally don't fix things as they break nor go above and beyond in the Preventative Maintenance department.
  7. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yup, cost me 2 surveys, 2 sea-trials and 2 haul-outs to prove you right...