Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Crusader 454 Water Pump

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Beauregard, Mar 1, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Beauregard

Beauregard New Member

So there I was, beginning this seasons preventive maintenance. I took the starboard water off to replace the neoprene impeller, but I FAILED to identify which water hose went on each side. One hose from the sea strainer and the other to the oil cooler.

Other than cranking over the engine to see which direction the fly wheel runs and de winterizing the engine in the process; which hose goes on which side on the STARBOARD engine of the engine water pump? I haven't touched the PORT engine water pump but I believe the flywheel is counter clockwise on that baby which would make the hose placement different than the STARBOARD.

Needless to say, I learned my lesson quick.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Easily said and your hoses should fit right on. Let the set in the hoses help guide you to where they want to fit. Normanly, hoses would be bass ackwards from the opposite rotating engine to the raw water pump.
    A few things to keep in mind; You did not mention the clutches you have. Some engine installations including gas may make the rotation differences at the clutch, not the block.
    Depending on the clutches and reduction, the engine may spin different from the shafts/wheels.