Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

Converting a convertible to an express?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by P46-Curaçao, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It depends. On Most Flybridge SF the Flybridge was a seperate piece that was screwed and glued to the house and it wouldn't take a whole lot to fill in the holes. NOW, if the House looks good without the bridge on it, you've got a winner. If not, you've got lots of modifying to do. But generally a lot cheaper to buy an existing boat and better resale unless you get your conversion really right.
  2. Capt Fred

Capt Fred Senior Member

Additionally some SF models use some of the flybridge structure for passageways for air condition ducting.
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I just saw an older 33' Egg Flybridge cut up in a 20 yard dumpster!

That could have been a cool little project.

Its a good thing I didn't know it was getting cut up, because my wife would have killed me if I took on that as a project.
  4. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    That's funny, my wife gives no problem, whatever I wanna buy, maybe because we are not married? LOL
    For my statistics, how many man are killed by their wife’s for this reason yearly??
  5. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

At one time large expresses boats were the rage on the sportfish scene.
    and it was becoming common to see some convertibles converted into express boats.

Most recently the sportfish scene in the Northeast has shifted from large Convertibles, to go fast multiple outboard center consoles, and the latest craze offshore is the Downeaster.