Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck

Constellation Club

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Jimbo1959, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Member

My partner and I just acquired a 66' Constellation. Hull# CMMA-66-001. She is a little rough. We have received all the info from Mariners Museum we can get, but I'm was wondering if anyone knew a Chris Craft Constellation forum, Dedicated to Connies.
    Thanks Jim
    Julie Seiger likes this.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Jim and welcome to YF,

My dad had one of the 65' RPH CC Connie's. It was a late 60's era boat. I believe it was one of only 5 or 6 built built by CC? We kept her in Holland, MI. It's a long shot, but the boat was named the "Pagliacce". Any chance you have ownership records?

On Connie forums; Google is your friend.
  3. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Member

I believe I have found the original owner here in CA. I was going to write her a letter and try an track down all the owners so I would have a complete record.
    What is the RPH CC Connie??
    Thanks for the reply.
    Jim
  4. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

RPH = Raised Pilot House
  5. CDA4417

CDA4417 New Member

CC RPH Constellation

Hello, I was a RPH CC owner the yacht was named La Gitana she was in Huntington Harbour, Calif. She was sold ,the last I saw her, she was in a marina north of Ensenada Mexico named Marina Selena I do have photos of when I owned her if any body is interested, I purchased her from the original owner Charlie P Johnson
    When he owned her she was named CPJ she at that time was located in Fortlauderdale Fl.
  6. Courtship

Courtship New Member

Chris Craft 501 Forum Question

Hello All - I believe there was a Forum for the 501. Does anyone know if it still exists?

Thanks!
  7. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Member

Pics

To many to upload. But if go to facebook and search 66 foot wood boat restoration you can se pictures from the beginning to current.
  8. Chitimacha

Chitimacha New Member

38' 1957 Constellation

I am new to this forum and wanted some info on the 1957 38' Constellation where can I find this info any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  9. Chitimacha

Chitimacha New Member

1957 38' Chris Craft Constellation sedan Hull number X65-38-213

I have attached picture can anyone tell me where I can get back ground info on this boat

Attached Files:

10. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Attached is a photo of the page from the Chris Craft The Essential Guide book on your year and model. I hope the info is readable. The book would suggest that she is 1 of 58 hulls built in 1957. If you're a Chris Craft enthusiast, the purchase of this book would perhaps be a good investment. You may also want to consider ordering an Abstract of Title from the US Coast Guard. This boat's Official Number appears to be 982119.

Attached Files:

Julie Seiger likes this.
  11. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

Connie information

Hi: On Boat US there is a forum for chris Craft Connies so go the the Boat/US site and click on forums and you will see the site.Hope this helps!You have a great looking Connie.

I have a nice 38 Commander sedan and it is a fiberglass hull,all glass stringers,etc so no Rot.
  12. Conundrum816

Conundrum816 New Member

1964 46' Chris Craft Constellation

Hi All,
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate some information about my Connie. I just purchased her, and the bottom paint is dead. Can anyone tell me what would be the appropriate color bottom paint for this year boat?
    Thank you in advance for any help.
  13. icefang

icefang New Member

Restoring a 37' Connie

I have a Connie in relativly good shape.I know nothing about this boat.My numbers look a little stange compared to other Chris...56 cxb 0045 h. Does anyone know these #s.Going in the water on Tuesday;)

Attached Files:

Julie Seiger likes this.
  14. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

If you can post a better photo, I may be able to help. I need more of a side profile - and I definitely need to see the shape of the bow. Snow melt would be nice too, for photo and launch activities...
  15. icefang

icefang New Member

Thanks Eric,It's a 1961.was breading # wrong 36 CXB 0045.has 2 v8's now not sure what yet.:)
  16. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

On Saturday I went for a boat ride with friends in Ft Lauderdale. We spotted this flawless 57' Connie. She appears to be a 1965 model year. These photos do not do her justice. She is in near perfect showroom condition.

Attached Files:

Julie Seiger likes this.
  17. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

18. Jason britt

Jason britt New Member

Hello I am also new and I'm acquiring a 1965 46' constellation and would love to talk because I am also new to the wood boats so this is a huge undertaking for me
  19. CAA450018

CAA450018 New Member

Hi, i went to to that site, have to sign up to post any thing. Thanks, She needs some work mostly inside.
  20. CAA450018

CAA450018 New Member

Hi Jason, i'm new to this wooden boat but i have a 1960 CAA45 0018TH of 56 made. i go to this site for all information on Chris Craft's. The Mariners Museum Chris Craft, Newport News, Va 23606 right now she is closed for all records. She is moving into a larger place ansd will reopen in 2017.
    There is also a book that shows all CC's along with all the information you need about your model.