Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking

Considering this 43'; any advice

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by DetroitCoho, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CaptRonn

CaptRonn New Member

One of the boats I'm currently looking at is a Hatteras 43MY (1985). It has the engines I want (Cat 3208). The boat has sat for a while and will need the usual clean up and various maintenance items attended to.

What I have noticed is when boarding at the dock a very noticeable roll when stepping aboard. Does this model boat have a lot of roll to it while underway or anchored out?

Also two of the cabin windows have cracks, so will need to be replaced. Is this a big or difficult job on these boats?

Engine room is not as big as I would prefer, but it does appear I can get to everything.

Any thoughts?
  2. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Apparently the new design of the 43 model with the bridge moved over top of the salon has according to some increased the roll tendency , I also was thinking of an 85' model in Ca but hesitant to bring it up the west coast because of the potential roll issue.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

If it rolls at the dock when you step onto it, it's going to roll underway (at least at slow/idle speeds). Now on plane it might not at all, that depends on speed and hull design. A 37' whaler I run, rolls considerably when you walk from one side of the stern to the other, but on plane it doesn't roll at all.
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Also may very uncomfortable at dockside unless in in very quiet Marina waves wise, Admirals don't like that.