Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

Codecasa mortice door locks

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Steph, Feb 2, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Steph

Steph New Member

Hi - I am trying to find mortice wooden door locks (interior) that are from a Codecasa yacht built in 1992 - there are no markings on the locks except for something that looks like "VCR" and of course Italy - so we know they are made in Italy! But I cannot find any manufacturer who makes these with such slim casings ( the part that goes inside the door itself - rectangular panel) - they are about 10/11mm thick. I know most of the manufacturers of these type of lock but just cannot find who made these - even Codecasa themselves cannot help. Anyone?
  2. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

I wish

I've had very similar problems on my Codecasa. Good luck finding them
  3. Steph

Steph New Member

Codecasa locks

Hi Chris

Thanks for the note - nice to know it's not just me! I will let you know if I find them - I have a new lead today.....
  4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Those letters are foundry marks. Exclusive to each foundry. You should be able to find the original manufacturer by doing a search.
  5. Steph

Steph New Member

Codecasa locks

Dear Codger

Thanks for the advice re the foundry - as for the searching on manufacturer I have searched every possible connotation with those initials and also every lock manufacturer we already know in Italy - which is a lot! It's my job to find hard to find parts but this one is a real challenge! Will try foundries after what you said - but given it was 1992 could well no longer be in business. I will let you know how I get on!
  6. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Perhaps emailing a photo to Lineacali would work. I believe that they may have absorbed a couple of other manufacturers/product lines during the 90's.
    At the best, someone there may recognise the piece that you are looking for.

http://www.lineacali.it/index_en.html

Just a wild card thought. Can you post a picture of the piece that you are looking for here?
  7. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.