Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for JetForums

Clamshell Vents for 1982 42'Post Sportfish

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by donsym, May 8, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. donsym

donsym New Member

Hi Everyone,

If anyone knows where I can find a direct replacement for these 2 vents, that would be greatly appreciated ! Photos are current and are "there, and missing " Thanks for any help you might have! Don

Can't upload pics... note to Yacht Forums it's not 1996 anymore !
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Millions of users upload images to forums on a daily basis. When you had the window open to start this thread, there was a button titled "Upload a File" next to the "Create Thread" button. Clicking on the Upload a File button will open a window to your computer's files. Simply find the folder containing the images, then double clock the desired image. This will attach the image to the thread/post. Now click the Create Thread button and voila, your pic is attached.

Please keep images under 640 pixels in width. Although we allow larger images (to keep newbies from becoming frustrated), most of the Post owners on YF have been considerate of our guidelines and we greatly appreciate it! Keeping images under 640 enables faster loading of threads and reduces bandwidth consumption for our many viewers who are on satnav or mobile devices.

We try to be considerate of ALL of our viewers, even the ones who think we're stuck in the 90's.
  3. donsym

donsym New Member

Photos with measurements:

Mod Note: Oversize images removed.

Carl just asked you to keep images under 640 pixels, then you uploaded at over 2000 pixels???
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  4. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    I basically agree with donsym... sorry Carl....
    Make it more easy!!
  5. donsym

donsym New Member

I used the lowest setting on my phone and have found the resizing process to be a bit difficult.... Maybe there is a way to resize them on your end ?
  6. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
  7. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

Look at Jamestown Supply. They carry lots of small parts, and Its where I got the replacement clamshells for my 50. If Im not mistaken, the company was SeaDog, or Salty Dog...
  8. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

9. deepfreeze83

deepfreeze83 New Member

I believe Beckson Marine made them as well as the port lights. www.beckson.com
  10. captainscs

captainscs New Member

If your talking about the clamshell vents over your a/c and other discharges, you won't find them on the internet. Call Post at their number. They sold me five for a pretty price (needed two but got spares) but they're an exact match and, hey, it's your boat, so spend it!
  11. deepfreeze83

deepfreeze83 New Member

Beckson Marine made the clam vents , window tracks and the port lights on the 80's boats www.beckson.com