Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service

Christmas/Holiday Cruise?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NEO56, Dec 15, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I was just wondering how many of you are going to pack Family aboard and head out to a Cruising destination for the Christmas/Holiday vacation? If not, is anyone going to doll their boat up with lights and do the Ft. Lauderdale Christmas parade up the ICW? I did that a couple of years, and was always amazed that nobody fell over board, and the years I attended, no accidents! There's usually enough booze on board all those boats to float the Titanic.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Well who ever is going to doll up their boat for the FLL Christmas parade missed the boat... Wasn't it last weekend?
  3. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I dunno Pascal...it's been so long...I have a hard time remembering what I had for dinner last night!
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

There were at least three YF members in attendance at the 2014 Winterfest Boat Parade. Two of them were in the show. Maldwin Drummond invited me to join him onboard his newly acquired 46' Lyman Morse 'Corisande". On the very same night, Tom Serio was shooting a wedding on top of a hotel on New River for the marketing director of Hargrave, so he shot a few boats in between. As luck would have it, he unknowingly shot the YF crew!!! We were #96 out of 99 boats in this year's parade. The fellow in the beige coat with his back turned on the flybridge is yours truly...

It's ironic that NEO56 asked if anyone fell overboard. In fact, one of our crew members did just before the show started. Maldwin's sister Fiona joined us with her date; Bob, a labrador retriever mix that has a hankering for poodles and proceeded to make the leap of faith from boat to dock. He missed the landing and took an embarrassing swim in New River. The poodle wasn't impressed.

Attached Files:

5. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Thanks Carl, I needed a good laugh this morning! And I can relate to poor Bob, I have a weakness for Blondes as well.