Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for JetForums

Chris Craft catalina bottom paint?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by timvail, Apr 16, 2012.

1. timvail

timvail Senior Member

Recently purchased a Chris craft 350 Catalina. Had several coats of Antifowling soda blasted off of hull. No blistering was found. The hull is in good shape. Trying to decide if I really need to interprotect the hull first, then micron csc Antifowling or just place the Antifowling on the hull.
    Any opinions would be appreciated as there is quite a difference in cost.
    Tks
  2. sunchaserv

sunchaserv Member

By your address, it would appear the vessel is hauled out every winter? If so, my advice is to do as has been done on the vessel, paint only. Unless properly (read the caveats in the instructions and on the side of the can) prepped, barrier coats may not meet claims.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This thread has been moved to the Chris Craft forum and retitled to be relavent in a search. Your original title "What to do" has no search value and would hardly illicit a response. Please consider these factors when opening threads.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

If the hull is down to the gelcoat, I would absolutely put a good epoxy barrier coating.