Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Changing garbage disposal on Cabo 43

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Dec 1, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Anyone out there have experience removing the cabinet to change the garbage disposal on a Cabo 43. Removed the 6 screws on inside of cabinet but it does not slide out.

Just finished changing master head lav faucet and after removing screws on inside of cabinet it slide right out.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The garbage disposal will not come out without removing the cabinet????
  3. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Capt J
    Yes that was my question how do you remove the cabinet. I removed all 3 drawers and then removed screws on inside of cabinet but it would not come out. Any thoughts.

The master bath cabinet came out by removing six screws on the inside wall of the cabinet and then it lifted out. Didn't work with the kitchen drawers.
    Thanks
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I'm not sure without physically looking at it. I thought the garbage disposal was directly underneath the sink and you could get it out without removing any woodwork or anything. Is it too big to come out the cabinet opening? I will email you the phone number of the guy that is operations manager for Cabo/Hatteras in Ft. Laud. He did most of the warranty repairs on the Cabo's all over the country for the last decade, he will know.
  5. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Capt J,
    I talked to Steve and he could not remember the details on the 43. He referred me to Daniel D. at Cabo and he said remove the screws on the sides and it should pull out right out but it won't. I ended up cutting a hole behind the cabinet drawers and was able to get to disposal enough to change it.
    Skip
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Glad to hear you got it done. I've had to cut a 6" hole more than once for access and put a pie plate to cover it. I'm sorry Steve couldn't be of more help. He's worked for Cabo since 2005 and under a sub-contracter that did a lot of Cabo work since 2002........I've known him since then.
  7. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

he r

Steve was very helpful and was really disappointed he couldn't remember the process to remove the cabinet.