Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander

Cat controls software upgrade?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Pascal, Oct 20, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Got a call earlier today from the local cat dealer to let me know that there was a free software upgrade that needed to be installed on our cat electronic engine controls.

As anyone heard of this. A quick search on didn't reveal anything.... It is free but since the controls are working perfectly I m not a big fan of upgrading the software without being sure it is needed.

As anyone heard about this? Controls only, not the ECUs or displays

2009 C32s
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Never kick a sleeping dawg.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I haven't. Give Sturdy a call, they are the manufacturer of the CAT controls, perhaps they can give you insight. BUT, if the dealer is willing to do a free upgrade perhaps it's worthwhile to do it anyways.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I love preventive maintenance but I also kind of like the ole if it ain't broken don't fix it especially when it comes to software upgrades.

Will look into some more

I m thinking that if cat is willing to pay its dealers the labor and travel time to upgrade the software there has to be a serious reason...
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would say so because Pantropic doesn't even answer the phone for free.....:D