Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder

cat 3126 diesels

Discussion in 'Engines' started by obenton3, Jun 1, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. obenton3

obenton3 New Member

I am looking at a 2002 Seahorse 45ft.with 3126 diesels. 350hp, 1140 hours. I currently have cummins
    QSB 5,9 liter engines. What differences should I expect. I know they will be louder and make some smoke. Can someone share their knowledge of the 3126. thanks
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

3126s run very clean, no issues with smoke. Even at hull speed. I ran a 1999 45' Searay sedan bridge with the 420HP version from Ft. Laud, FL to St. Croix at hull speed 90% of the trip and they were clean even doing that about 7 years ago (it had the motors replaced by CAT early on in it's life)...the owner shipped it back in 2012 and sold it, another guy bought it and took it to Stuart......then sold it 8 months ago....The guy who bought it 8 months ago, ran it at cruise all the way back down to Grenada from Fort Laud with no issues. They're very good engines that are torquey and run very good, provided they've been updated with the newer aftercoolers and such. By now, ALL problem motors should have probably worked their way out by now. Maintanence Parts are cheap for them.